Poor 4G LTE Service
Jexx11

I'm wondering what the status is in regard to the poor 4G LTE service in Marysville, Kansas (66508).  I was on a Droid Bionic for many years, and when we finally got 4G, the service was very poor everywhere in town.  I recently upgraded to a Moto X, thinking this would make a good difference, but it has changed nothing.  If and when my phone actually jumps to 4G, it only gets 1 bar and very poor reception, and usually doesn't last long until it defaults back to 3G.

I went to my local Verizon store and spoke to a manager about the situation, she told me that last spring storms damaged the 4G LTE tower for our area and that was causing the poor service.  I have a feeling this person was just blowing smoke in my direction to put it nicely, because its been 7 or 8 months now and still the service is terrible.

The sad part is if I go to some of the tiny towns (population less than 500) around Marysville, I actually get pretty good 4G LTE service. 

And I know the generic response of "do this or that to my phone, reset settings, new SIM card, etc", but it is not my phone.  I'm on my second 4G phone, I have multiple friends and coworkers with 4G phones, and they are all the same, if they get 4G at all, its 1 bar or less, and the data connection is actually faster when it does switch back to 3G.

Even when I go into the local Verizon store, all the devices are getting poor 4G reception.

So at this point, I just want an honest answer as to what is going on in Marysville, Kansas 66508.  Is the tower really still waiting to be repaired from storm damage, or what that just B.S.?  If there are plans to improve the 4G LTE here then what is the ETA?

Thanks for your time

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor 4G LTE Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jexx11,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the 4G LTE service in the area that you specified. We want you to enjoy all of the benefits that your Droid Bionic has to offer. To ensure that happens, we would need to speak with you on the concern that you have. If you can send me a private message with your full name and mobile number then we can share the status of the area that you inquired about. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jexx11

I don't see anywhere, where I can send you a private message?  I have tried clicking on your profile and user name, but see no options to send a private message.  Let me know how I should send you a message so we can resolve this please.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Click on the his user ID, , and then click the "Follow" link on the resulting page. He must accept your "Follow" request and he must also send you a "Follow" request which you must accept.

You will not be able to send a private message/direct message until all of that has been completed.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jexx11

ArnettH_VZW have you disappeared?  No longer responding in this thread and has yet to approve my follow request so I can send you a private message.  The holidays haven't started quite yet!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Jexx11,

I'm sorry, but we have yet to receive your follow request. We absolutely want to continue to assist. I have already sent you a follow request. Please follow me and private message me your full name and mobile number. I'll take it from here. Please follow these instructions to send a dm,http://vz.to/17zF2vO.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes