Past time for an answer for El Paso and other border cities. Where are you, Verizon?
aj80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two months ago, service in El Paso suddenly stopped. We saw a statement in the news about new towers in Mexico and that Verizon is working on a solution. Verizon didn't bother to send a message directly--we had to search for any clue of what was going on.

For the past two months we've been hearing repeatedly that Verizon is trying to find a solution. Some of us received 4G boosters for our homes (no change to my mediocre signal at home, still terrible or no service out of home). Nice try, but if I was looking to be tied to home for cell service, I could get a land line for a fraction of the cost.

I even made the mistake of thinking my data was being throttled, so I upgraded my unlimited plan. Still no difference. I submitted a trouble ticket and received a "we're working on your issue" for a couple of days, then nothing.

Here's the problem: We pay WAY too much for service with the company that is supposed to be the premier, best one around for the service to not even work! Verizon, you're in the process of losing some long-time, loyal customers because you haven't stepped up when we needed you. We understand it takes time to resolve a cross-border issue like this, but there hasn't even been a bill offset (which should be considerable, at this point) to make up for the lack of service that we're paying for.

What is next, Verizon?  Is it time for us to switch carriers?

0 Likes
Re: Past time for an answer for El Paso and other border cities. Where are you, Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Considering I actually talked to someone from El Paso today and a few times in the past few weeks and I had called their cell phone and I could understand them and the call wasn't dropped, I don't believe the service in El Paso has gone so terrible throughout the city. The person I spoke to would have been using the Verizon Wireless network for their service as they also need that service to work in many of the rural areas surrounding El Paso. They also work close to the southern side of the city so they need a reliable cell phone wherever they are. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Past time for an answer for El Paso and other border cities. Where are you, Verizon?
aj80
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems you think that because you "talked to someone from El Paso", the dozens (at least) of posts and replies from residents who are affected by this are exaggerating if not fabricating the extent of the problem.
Not to mention the people in other border cities and the fact that Verizon did make a statement as for the cause of the problem albeit months ago.
Sorry but your response is zero help to those of us who are dealing with this. What used to be a strong 4G/LTE signal is reduced to a spotty 1X signal, regardless of who you spoke to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aj80, We are heartbroken to hear that you are still experiencing service concerns from the El Paso issue. We greatly appreciate your feedback on alerts regarding the service. We want to make sure all avenues have been explored on getting your service corrected as we would be sad to lose you as a valued customer. Have you performed any troubleshooting with us or opened a trouble ticket?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
aj80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course I have done both. If you look into the details of the problem (please, I have no more patience for canned responses), you'll see this is not an individual issue. My trouble ticket (checked on it just today) is still open without any progress or resolution. 

My phone is effectively as useful as a landline because I can use it with wifi calling, but it is many times more expensive. This is a widespread issue affecting hundreds of people the same way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your patience and your efforts aj80. At this time, we do not have any new details to share. I am so sorry about that. You will receive a notification via email and text message when this is resolved. Does this help?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes