Not getting Full LTE reception
psgmolina
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get 2 to 3 bars tops in 21136, yet going down the street to 21117, i get full LTE. Can this be corrected?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not getting Full LTE reception
Not applicable

How do you know there is anything to correct? Maybe you are further from a tower at one location and closer to a tower at another. Even within a zip code the repetition isn't going to be the same. You're not going to have 4-5 bars all the time. 2-3 wouldn't be uncommon especially indoors,

0 Likes
psgmolina
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for replying, and that is exactly my point, i must be hitting a different tower. I am getting upload of 2.52 mbps / 1.09 mbps download as apposed to 44.64 upload / 46.47 or so download. I want to know if there is any way to be able to connect to the tower that i would get better reception on? or this is one of those that unfortunately, i wont have a choice?

0 Likes
Not applicable

towers only have a range of a few miles at best. Your low speed is not necessarily a reception issue. A tower that is being used a lot will also have slow speeds. Towers actually have very limited bandwidth. It doesn't take many people all trying to stream video to slow down the network for everyone on that tower.

Also I should add a tower actually has 3 sectors. So one sector may be congested and another not. What sector you are connected to is dependent which way you are facing the tower since each sector covers 120 degrees.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Migdynava wrote:

Thanks for replying, and that is exactly my point, i must be hitting a different tower. I am getting upload of 2.52 mbps / 1.09 mbps download as apposed to 44.64 upload / 46.47 or so download. I want to know if there is any way to be able to connect to the tower that i would get better reception on? or this is one of those that unfortunately, i wont have a choice?

Just because the speed is different does not mean you are on a different tower. You said you are just down the street from where you were getting a stronger signal. This does not mean you are on a different tower. You could possibly be on the same tower, just further away from it and therefore a weaker signal.

Normally, your phone will connect with the tower which has the strongest signal for the area. As you move from one area to another and the signal from a different tower becomes stronger, your phone will switch over to the other tower.

0 Likes