Northern California (Redding Area) LTE Speed Issues
bryanparke

Anyone else getting awful LTE speeds in Redding, CA?  I've consistently been getting 0.31Mbps down and 0.19Mbps up.  Though, I travelled just outside of redding (Palo Cedro, CA) and 36Mbps down and 10.25Mbps up.  Just curious if anyone in Redding, Anderson, Cottonwood are seeing similar results.  I'm using the speedtest.net app on the iPhone 5.  I am only testing when I have at least 3 bars of LTE coverage.  I've tried resetting the network settings with no luck.

Anyone else?

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: Northern California (Redding Area) LTE Speed Issues
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know alot about iphones, but is there any way to hard reset it? If so try that first

If not, then I would take it back, becuase it seem's like a hardware issue. The connection does not seem like it's holding right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Bryanparke!

I want you to have fast speeds every where you go!  I will be more than happy to check on the area.

Thank you so much for all of the troubleshooting you've already completed.

When I pull up the 4G LTE map for Redding, CA I do see some extended areas. http://bit.ly/ymXLCI Check this map for me and put in your exact location.

Keep me updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bryanparke

I learned that after doing a "reset network settings" and deleting the SpeedTest app and re-installing, I was able to get expected LTE speeds.  My first clue was that my wife's phone was getting terrific LTE speeds when I was getting horrific speeds, just feet away.

Thanks for the follow up.

0 Likes
bryanparke

thanks for the followup and I apologize for not responding earlier, I forgot to set the thread to email notifications.  In any case, yes hard reset is possible on the iPhone (hold sleep/wake button + home button until seeing the Apple logo).  The eventual fix was to do a reset network settings (settings, general, reset, reset network settings).

Thanks again.

0 Likes