No solution for excessive charges - Verizon mobile WI-Fi Device
hlain

According to Verizon I somehow used 2.1 GB of data within a 4 hour period on 10/29/2013. I was not even using my computer for most of that time and what time I did use it involved absolutely nothing that would account for this data usage. Just surfing the net with no videos or downloads. When I contacted Verizon and spoke with a support tech they reviewed my usage for the month and agreed that it was extremely unlikely that I had used this amount of data within the time period indicated. None of that apparently matters though because I am still being required to pay for the overages incurred against my account because of this situation. Has anyone else encountered a situation like this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: No solution for excessive charges - Verizon mobile WI-Fi Device
nwcoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me. Says I used a bunch at 2:28am in the morning on the 28th. This simply is not true. Verizon customer support was NO help at all. Says my phone was updating, which is not possible...I don't have automatic updates. What's more comical is that I have chatted with several different reps about this in the last 24 hours and they all told me something different. What a joke.

0 Likes
nwcoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

I printed out all the transcripts from the chats too. I am not going to pay for Verizon's incompetence.

0 Likes
hlain

To add insult to injury Verizon was either extremely slow or down altogether over the weekend over a large part of Florida. Do you happen to live in Florida? I'm wondering if the false charges could have somehow been related to the outages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nwcoug, we want to make this right for you by providing a better understanding of how data usage is incurred and calculated. Have you downloaded third party applications to your device? Some software and applications will continue to run in the background of your device. Which device do you have? I recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications and power your device off/on.

Additionally, did you know that data usage reporting can take 24-48 hours to post to your wireless account? As a result, delayed usage sessions will not post immediately. Log in at My Verizon to see this detail. http://bit.ly/xB4iTc Please keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
daesong1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1019077#1019077

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
PhilSmea
Enthusiast - Level 2

>Duplicate post deleted to comply with VZW ToS. In addition 'bombing the board with essentially the same post is also a violation of the ToS.<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
PhilSmea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so tired of being ripped off, billing dispute number >Ticket number deleted to comply with VZW ToS< was documented one week ago and they have still not replied to my concern.  I am shutting down my device at the end of this month and handing it over to my lawyer, he is very intersted in seeing it, many complaints, there could be a major class action law suit against these schisters.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

hlain

So in other words Verizon doesn't take criticism at all, this forum is completely phony and nothing but a poor attempt at improving public relations, Verizon has absolutely NO concern for their customers and intends to continue to rip off their customers. (Comments discussing moderation removed) I assure you that as soon as my service contract has expired I will be leaving the "Verizon Family" ASAP and will NOT be back. I have dealt with Verizon for both DSL phone-line based internet service and Mobile Wi-Fi and have been screwed both times. I was with AT&T for 20 years and never had a bit of trouble. Unfortunately I moved to another state to an area not served by AT&T.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hlain - We certainly do value your feedback and would be crushed to see you go! Was the session on 10/29 the only time this has happened or has it continued? Have you had the opportunity to review the data records online at http://www.vzw.com/myverizon under "My Bill"? I would be happy to investigate further and look forward to your reply!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes