No Verizon Service in advertised coverage area (Jupiter, FL) - FCC complaint filed.
Chris_R2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon wireless cellular reception is insufficient in Jupiter, FL to sustain outdoor phone calls or data. Signal strengths are low to no service (-115 dB at its worst, -109 dB on average) when surveying the town of Jupiter, FL across residential and commercially zoned parts of the region.

Verizon was notified and claims to have coverage according to its advertised coverage map, which is inconsistent with the observed issue described here. A network trouble ticket (NRB000010194982) was submitted and then subsequently closed with the following summary:

"We found the signal strength in your reported area is less than optimal. This can lead to weakened and reduced connectivity, especially indoors." Verizon suggested to use Wi-Fi calling or a network booster. Neither of these are viable options to resolve a coverage issue spanning an entire municipality.

Further, Wi-Fi calling rarely works due to the phone attempting to use the weak/non-existent Verizon carrier signal as opposed to the stronger Wi-Fi signal even when the preference is configured on the phone to use Wi-Fi for calling over the weaker mobile network signal.

Verizon has offered no solution other than that I should switch carriers as it has stated it has no intention of conducting an engineering field test to resolve the network issues in this municipality.

Verizon's advertised coverage maps for this municipality are misleading, inaccurate, and patently false advertising leading a consumer to believe that he or she would be able to use Verizon service in this area, when in fact the signals are not adequate to serve this municipality.

An adequate resolution is to resolve the underlying network issues that Verizon admitted to having in this municipality both in writing to me and verbally via customer service interactions as well as issuing a refund for services not rendered despite the advertised coverage for this area.

Further, Verizon representatives cannot access my account at this time due to them exceeding the number of times that they can send a one time passcode for two-factor authentication.

You see, when a customer calls Verizon, they have to enter a 4 digit PIN to authenticate. But for some accounts, customers like me have two-factor authentication requirements, which requires Verizon to have a customer read back a 6 digit random code that is sent via a text message. 

However, I was informed that Verizon representatives cannot access my account until 24 hours has elapsed and that there was absolutely nothing they could do about it, even after speaking with multiple representatives.

An FCC complaint has been filed and is pending investigation.

Re: No Verizon Service in advertised coverage area (Jupiter, FL) - FCC complaint filed.
KEA86

The network map is also grossly inaccurate in my area.  I have no service at my home in a densely populated area in Central Massachusetts.  (Map is "red" for 100 miles surrounding, with no outages reported.)

I will look into filing an FCC complaint as well.

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Service in advertised coverage area (Jupiter, FL) - FCC complaint filed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEA86,

We understand the importance of having a reliable signal. There are, though, many factors that can impact your cellular service, especially indoors.

Those factors can be: distance/location of the towers, traffic, building structures/materials, bodies of water, terrains, weather, foliage, etc. This link goes over this further: https://www.verizon.com/support/signal-concern-resolution/  

For any indoor service issues, we recommend utilizing Wi-Fi for data and Wi-Fi Calling for calls (if available): https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ We also have network extenders as well, but they do require a high speed internet access to run off of:

Extender: https://www.verizon.com/products/verizon-lte-network-extender/?sku=sku3880045 FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes