No LTE in Austin texas
Chesterbeag

Austin Texas seems to be the last major Metro area in the state without LTE. There seems to be no clear reason for this as  Verizon Just did the Airport then stopped. Thinking maybe Verizon lacks the fiber backhaul in the area so will never have LTE.

Any Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No LTE in Austin texas
Andreas601
Contributor - Level 1

Chesterbeag wrote:

Austin Texas seems to be the last major Metro area in the state without LTE. There seems to be no clear reason for this as  Verizon Just did the Airport then stopped. Thinking maybe Verizon lacks the fiber backhaul in the area so will never have LTE.

Any Ideas?

Verizon will have their entire 3G network overlaid with LTE by 2013, so rest assured that there are no current 3G areas that will never get 4G. I have not been to Austin in a year or so, so I am unable to comment on the situation there, but there could be a variety of reasons for the LTE network not having been launched yet; Fiber availability could be one of them. My guess is that Austin will be lit up soon enough. 

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for the information provided. 

We are constantly enhancing our 4G network and launching it into new markets. We do not have an estimated time of when 4G LTE will be available in your area. To sign up for 4G LTE updates visit this link.

Thank you, 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Actually VZW released a press release stating that Austin, TX will be getting 4G LTE on September 15, 2011.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/08/pr2011-08-22o.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:
Actually VZW released a press release stating that Austin, TX will be getting 4G LTE on September 15, 2011.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/08/pr2011-08-22o.html

Woooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AHEAD OF SCHEDULE, IS THAT WHAT I AM TO UNDERSTAND!?  :smileyvery-happy:

That must mean that...us...very...rural people, will get 4G one day soon!

0 Likes