Re: No 4g service only 1x
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you zoom in the actual address it shows coverage in 4g.

I did not post the exact address for privacy reasons.

thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beboyland, I appreciate you for keeping your personal information private via our forums as the safety and security of you and your location is a must. Based on the general address you provided, Lake Shore Drive, Rockville, IN 47872, I show that the nearest Verizon Wireless cellular tower is 15 and 16 miles away. Because the cellular towers are so far away, this area is considered a marginal coverage area. Coverage and/or performance at this location is not optimal, especially indoors. At this time, we recommend using Wi-Fi when possible. I know this may not be the news you wanted to receive from us but it is our goal to provide you with accurate information to set you up for the best success while at your temporary summer home. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

NatashaR_VZW

0 Likes
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you place this public address in and zoom in

8730 US-36, Rockville, IN 47872

the area of the state park shows coverage.  I was there the entire weekend outside or in i was on 1x.

There is a problem in the area. there has been for a while 1x service all over.

someone really needs to look at the area not just say well marginal blah blah blah 4 verizon phone all different types all have 1x or roaming 1x service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to apologize for the confusion the map has caused, beboyland. The maps that display within the Coverage Locator Tool are not a guarantee of coverage and contain areas with no service. The maps rendered show only approximations (based on our internal data) of where rates and coverage apply. You can learn more here, http://spr.ly/6603EvrcL.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand there are like this does not work right in this spot.  But i am talking about all the away from there to rockville in rockville like i said there is something wrong.

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

It looks like the entire area you are talking about is a marginal coverage area. Unfortunately, some areas are just like that, we have a couple in Michigan as well. There are lots of reasons why that may be: not enough population to improve the coverage, geographic issues, licensing and regulation issues, etc.

I realize this is frustrating for you, and probably many other people who frequent that area but it does not meant hat something is wrong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beboyland

Thank you for being understanding. There are many factors outside of Verizon Wireless' control like cell cite challenges, foliage, and wireless interference that con contribute to the issues that you're experiencing in that area. We recommend that you power your device off and on when leaving and entering that area to refresh your connection on the closest cellular tower. I hope that this recommendation works for you. 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i am going to post 2 links the first one is from the search on the top of the verizon page

https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/?map=3gcdma#maps

This shows 3g coverage it you actually replaced 3g with 4g this pretty much exactly matches the coverage in the are.

If you search the dead center of rockville i have 1x service  which matches this map. Like i said this is exactly the coverage with the exception the red is 4g not 3g.

The second link is from the home page

https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/

This one shows 4g service however if you go directly into rockville it should be excellent 4g but it is not it is 1x.

So no trees obsticals and other stuff does not make this happen.  There is something wrong in the area it impacts every verizon device i have s9, pixel3, hot spot.  1 on post paid and 2 on prepaid.  

Please log a ticket with the tech team and stop telling canned answers

0 Likes