Hello, Dano3141, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Though we never want to hear that it's for this reason, we'd be more than happy to take a look into the performance of your service as well as your device. To start, let's get more details pertaining to your current situation. How long has this been happening for? Also, has there been any recent construction or severe storming in your area that may have caused an effect on the service? Last, don't feel as if you've made any negative impact if you haven't, but to ensure we save you from having to repeat yourself, can we have you confirm any troubleshooting steps you may have taken to try to fix this on your end? AnthonyM_VZW
Hello Anthony -
I am not sure when this started happening exactly, but within the last two months since I switched from a Galaxy S7 to a Moto G7. At work with my old phone, I got 30 Mbps down and 10 up. Now, I cannot reliably ping public IP addresses. The download speed, if it does connect, is 1.2 Mbps and 0.1 upload. We have not had any rain for over a month, so no storms. The location is about 34°41'52.1"N 86°40'25.7"W. (Huntsville, AL).
Dano3141 - Thank you for the helpful information you provided. I reviewed the Huntsville, AL area and found no issues or outages to report. To ensure we find the best solution we need to gather additional information. Is the issue with your data happening indoors and outdoors? Does your data issue happen during certain times of the day? Does your data improve in other areas?
It happens indoors, outdoors, wrapped in tin foil, or out in the open. I understand a little about RF propagation, and I am just saying the phone does not have the same data throughput as my S7 on the same tower. I've rebooted, reset, and plugged it in. I've reinserted the sim card, and turned the phone on its side. Nothing helps.
Well it sounds like either Lenovo, Verizon, or both, really aren't concerned. You would think both companies would do a little integration work before the product launch. If I can't get this fixed, I'll switch to another CDMA MNO and see if it works on another carrier. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to toss the G7 as well.
As a follow up, I tried running a Speed Test in downtown Birmingham with the new G7. To my surprise, I got 32 Mbps up and down. My wife still has her Samsung S7 and gets good speeds with it in both Birmingham and North Alabama. I only get good speeds in Birmingham. So this leads me to suspect the new G7 is using different bands than my old phone, and they aren't provisioned well in the region where I normally use my phone. I will go to the local Verizon store and see what they can tell me.
A follow up from me. Tried a different G7, and a different SIM. Same issue.
This at this point has to be a Verizon issue.
They seem clueless so I'm thinking it's time to switch.
I had the same issue out of the box... After reading this thread I performed a system update to software version PPO29.114-63-2, and after restarting the phone I now have LTE indicator showing.