Re: No 4G on Moto G7 power
schumbox
Enthusiast - Level 2

Version with the fix is PP029.114-63-2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmurch1, we always want you to have 4G. Any available software updates can be found by swiping up from your home screen > settings > system > advanced > system updates. Thanks, schumbox for advising which version you have.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
MotoG7PowerUser

I just go new G7 Power as well, moved SIM card from iPhone6.  I have the latest update that supposedly has the fix but I do not see 4G icon by the signal strength.  Does that mean I do not have 4G?  I have it on my other phones in the same room.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. We want to make sure you have 4G service on your Moto G7 power pack. Outside of  moving the sim card. Can you tell me what other troubleshooting steps you've completed thus far? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
kmcr14

I also would like to know how to get 4G on this phone. I just purchased it today and was assured that it worked on Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kmcr14, congratulations on the purchase of your new phone. We understand that you want to have the service that you expect from your new device. Let's work to get to the bottom of your experience. Was this a phone that you purchased directly from us? Do you experience any trouble searching a webpage, making a call or sending a text? Are you currently connected to Wi-Fi? While connected to Wi-Fi you would not see the 4G status indicator. 

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dirthurts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I'm having this same issue on the G7 (not power edition).

Is there a fix yet? 3G all the time, seemingly capped at 1.8 Mbps. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the speed you need is crucial, Dirthurts. We are here to help speed things up! When did this issue begin or when did you first notice? Do you happen to know if any other Verizon Wireless customers in your local area are experiencing similar issues? What is your closest intersection and zip code? Looking forward to hearing back and working towards a solution. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Dano3141
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am on Build Number PP029.114-63.2, and with that build, still having spotty/ slow mobile data.  The toolbar on my G7 Power says "LTE" but I am frequently getting 100% ping loss or speeds of around 1 Mbps (versus 15-30Mbps in the same spot with an older Galaxy S7).  Resetting the Mobile Network will work for a few seconds, but then no data.  I did transfer an existing VZW sim card to my new Moto G7 when I bought the phone at BBY.

dirthurts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I noticed this issue the very moment I activated the phone on Verizon.

I don't know anyone else with the phone, but my other half has the G7 Power on Metro PCS and is getting 4G (not sure that helps much).

What do you mean closest intersection?

I'm generally at 37601, but also at 37644 pretty often. 

Same issue in both cities. 

0 Likes