No 4G on Moto G7 power
Fwagman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased a Moto G7 power direct from Motorola. I'm only getting 3g. I spoke to Verizon tech support. They couldn't figure it out. Anyone else have thus problem?

Re: No 4G on Moto G7 power
JAMUTL32
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  I pulled the sim out of my Nexus 6P and put it in the Moto G7 Power and only got 3G.  When I contacted Motorola tech support they said I needed a new sim card.  I went to a Verizon corporate store to get one and they couldn't even get it beyond 3G after a new sim and some troubleshooting.  I just got off the phone with Verizon tech support and they said the Moto G7 Power isn't supported yet.

The phone is going back to Best Buy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to gain access to our 4G network, Fwagman. Some non-Verizon Wireless phones are not compatible with our network which can result in you not getting the full scope of our services. Regrettably, the Moto G7 is one of those devices. To find certified unlocked Android Smartphones that will work on our network visit http://spr.ly/6600EZCrp

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
HJ757
Enthusiast - Level 1

in the list you provided xt1955-5 which is the g7 power is on the list of approved unlock phones. so why are people not getting 4g?

kgodfrey80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its very odd that xfinity mobile(verizon resale) supports LTE with no problem at all which I just tested however my verizon sim will only do 3g. This is definitely not a sim issue or phone issue. What gives verizon?

aia832003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with and seeing the same issue as others. Despite having the exact same band support I currently have the standard G7 working great. The Power refuses to get LTE or receive MMS. Verizon, you seem to have a systematic issue with what seems to be a great phone that people want to use on your network.

schumbox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had the same experience with SIM card swap out from Verizon store.  Motorola engineering is currently working on my case. Hoping to get a solution soon.  

Jbzuniga
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem until the latest moto software update this morning.  It's working fine now.

schumbox
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can confirm the latest Motorola update just pushed fixes the 4G connection issue.  Now if only they could figure out video calling... 😞

0 Likes
Dmurch1

What is the latest Moto G7 Power update version ID? I'm having the same issue with being stuck on 3G

0 Likes