Netflix streaming
justshar2

I am interested in finding out more about the capabilities of the Verizon Thunderbolt.  Does it have the capability to stream Netflix movies, and if so are there any additional apps or anything else that must be purchased do so?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Netflix streaming
jeffpc
Enthusiast - Level 3
Not yet, I am waiting on it too. Thunderbolt has issues they did not mention in the advertising. Even verizon own widget for the MyVerizon app, says when starting will not work on the thunderbolt, as does Skype and who know how many more. I like my thunderbolt, but wish verizon was honest up front before buying it that it is handicapped in many ways.
0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, this is not a ThunderBolt device issue as well as other Droid phones with the ability to handle Netflix streaming. The discussion of this matter is the issue of meeting the respective digital rights requirements of Netflix. This perhaps is to prevent modifying phones with trying to let them capture movies as they are played and saved to a file for possible illegal distribution. The Apple's operating software is considered a closed platform, perhaps it is much easier for Apple to meet digit rights requirement.  Android is capable of running on many diverse hardware platforms and the operating systems can be modified easily. That makes it much more challenging to certify a platform to Netflix's satisfaction. 
0 Likes
OWUaaronTSi

Check out PlayOn.  It allows you to do Netflix streaming.  Works fine on my Tbolt.

0 Likes