Re: My 4G LTE speed on Droid Razr MAXX HD is abysmal in Washington DC Area
dmnb03
Enthusiast - Level 3

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
My 4G LTE speed on Droid Razr MAXX HD is abysmal in Washington DC Area
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon customer service representatives; please listen. I am tired of this issue now. Its been more than 5 months now. If you guys don't have any time frame for the resolution, please release me from the contract. I don't want to pay money for services I am not using. Guys, is there any way  to contact to supervisor? There is no help out there. Can we come together to file an official complaint with everyone on board? I feel like being ransomed to the contractual obligations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can wholeheartedly understand why you are upset, Nitspatel. As I already relayed to you via Direct Message, the ticket was filed. Under normal circumstances, the ticket takes 3-5 days for resolution. Your ticket has been escalated for further investigation to make sure we figure out what is going on and how to correct it. As promised, when I get additional details on the status of the ticket, I will update you. I have not forgotten you and I check the ticket every 2 days.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

3-5 Business days to resolve the ticket? It was submitted on Nov 4th. It's 22nd today and no official explanation. I can't use my services. I am not paying my bills anymore now. This is insane. Look what I am getting right now at intersection of K st NW and 18th St.

Screenshot_2013-11-22-13-52-15.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're still having issues with your service in that area NitsPatel. I want you to be happy with your service and with us. Is the area you live in? How is service in other areas? What is your ticket number. Lets take a look at the status. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
terpguy82

Razr MAXX HD, here- right at the corner of 19th & Penn. This is a JOKE. A sick, twisted $120/month JOKE.

I guess I called to report UNUSABLE data rates and the next day Verizon called and "closed" the ticket. I called back and opened a new ticket, and they couldn't find any indication that the previous ticket was even created.

As you can see below, the data speeds within the city are trash. MY PING IS OVER 1158 ms!!! I guess I should be grateful, the second time I ran this test my upload increased from 0.0 mbs to 0.05 mbs, so hey, that's progress right! It's nice to know we can still get dial-up speeds on these phones 😛

-A VERY unhappy customer.

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

I wish I could get out of the contract right now. So much of a Capitalism in this country. If you are a consumer, you are basically screwed.

They closed my ticket without any explanation. What more could you expect from these crooks.

0 Likes
My 4G LTE speed on Droid Razr MAXX HD is abysmal in Washington DC Area
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Current speed at 18 and k st NW DC 20006

Screenshot_2013-12-17-16-06-30.png

0 Likes
MF105

I can understand the frustration with Verizon network. Working in New York City, I often have no data coverage, which is bordering on customer abuse given the amount Verizon charges customers for data.

In my view, the bottom line is that Verizon has no motivation to improve service now that U.S. smartphone penetration is approaching its limit. Why would they upgrade service to capture a few of the remaining non-users? 

In a recent article in Barron's, the CFO of Verizon is cited as admitting they did not "anticipate" the intensive data use. I don't know why they did not anticipate, since they sold the phones and have extensive user data. When they sold me the data plan, they forgot to mention that they were overloaded.

The article in Barron's magazine has the headline "It's Official: Verizon Concedes Wireless Network Overload". Here is the link: http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424053111903747504579183852634853912.html#articleTabs_artic...

Not much to do about it. The competition is not much better. Perhaps Softbank, which is reportedly close to a deal to merge Sprint with T-Mobile has plans to provide better service.

I am afraid poor customer service is not particular to Verizon. For worse examples, try your cable company or catch a flight.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MF105  Signal issues can be frustrating and we want you to have the service you are paying for. Don't give up hope on us.  Check our website for when 4G will be available in your area: http://bit.ly/z1nSzc .

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes