Re: Might be prorated hefty overages?
Not applicable

KMI2014 wrote:

I apologize for the double post but this community doesn't seem to have an edit feature.

I've been paranoid since I got this service watching and constantly checking usage, educating myself on how much data some stuff uses and have stayed under the cap only to face an overage nightmare anyways?!

You have 5 minutes to edit a post after it's posted

Your issue stems from the fact you changed your data twice in a couple of days and you were confused on how the how backdating thing works. Trust me if you keep your data allotment at 20 GB next month and don't make changes you'll get the full 20 GB. If you need to make changes for a current month it's best to backdate the changes. Now your bill the next month will be a bit higher in addition to the increase data amount because you were billed for a lower amount of data and that added data has to be paid for. For example say you're on a 10 GB plan. So that's $100 you change it to 20 GB that's $150 and backdate it. The next month in addition to the $150 charge for the 20 GB (assuming you keep it at 20 GB ) you'll have to pay $50 for the increase from 10 GB to 20 GB for the month before because you original only paid for 10 GB.

And yes it's a good idea to know what uses data and how much. Wasted data use just make the network run slower for everyone.

0 Likes
KMI2014

Can this be resolved though? If the bill is a bit higher than that's fine but not by $165, I just can't afford that. So it's currently $117 for the current cycle's bill plus $165 overages plus the bill next cycle? o_O

According to the plan details the 20GB plan is $130, that's including the line access fee otherwise it would've been $110. I already contacted a rep to backdate but I guess they only backdated the one plan change and not the other.. But my data is only showing 14.292GB out of 20GB used, nothing about overages and there's been no overage alerts on the account other than the sms I received. The current usage details on MyVerizon showing me as using 30GB, 10GB past my 20GB allotment when usage is/was showing me as being under my cap, the usage meter on the device is the only usage information that hasn't changed and usage on MyVerizon matched the device until recently.

If that $165 is not just overages and includes the bill for next cycle then that's fine. As it currently seems I'm going to have to pay short of $300 plus the bill for the next cycle and that's just way too expensive since I don't have that kind of money left just for internet in a given month when I have other things to pay. I get proration but when I was living in the city and had Fios internet the proration wasn't that extreme.

I didn't know about the five minute limit for editing and didn't know where the edit option was located at first. By the time I found out it was too late to edit the other post.

0 Likes
KMI2014

I realize there is likely a waiting time and to be patient but I need to use my internet service. I'm cringing using data right now unless this is resolved, I don't want to incur more overages for something I wasn't aware about, misunderstood or had no control over.

Usage data on my device still shows being under my 20GB allotment by nearly 6GB. Usage data on MyVerizon reported the same until recently then suddenly it's being claimed I incurred 10GB overages totaling 30GB data usage. If the $165 wasn't just overage charges and was the bill for the next cycle plus prorated charges there wouldn't be an issue. As it stands it seems I'm going to be paying $117 for this bill cycle plus $165 overage charges and the bill for next cycle which is quite ridiculous to be blunt. I know about proration but as I said when I lived in the city where I could get Fios the prorated charges weren't that extreme.

Am I going to be required to call or can this be resolved via this forum or live chat? Seeing as how we have to log in with our Verizon account they should be able to verify who we are and any other information for verification purposes can be sent via im. I'm afraid to use the service out of fear I will incur overages to the point of no return, even if I go one byte beyond the next GB that's another $10 or $15 tacked on for overages. I'm not even sure how to monitor this seeing as current usage information places me under the 20GB cap so I hope this isn't the experience I'm in for every month as thanks for being careful and watching my usage.

Seems I'll be waiting until tomorrow unless reps are outsourced and assist with issues outside normal business hours.

0 Likes
KMI2014

So once this is marked as a question is it hidden to other members? It just seems strange that nothing but silence since the mod/admin changed this to a question..

Been awaiting a resolution since yesterday, I suppose I don't have to worry about incurring more overages but now it seems my service has been suspended due to these bogus overages all the while my usages still shows me as being under my cap by 5 1/2 GB - 6 GB.  I can provide proof to illustrate this and the usage data on MyVerizon matched my device until recently, the usage information on my device hasn't changed  or even updated to show these bogus overcharges. I know I didn't go over the limit as I've been very careful and have been constantly checking usage, I've educated myself on how much data my activities consume. I've been very careful and paranoid about usage and overages, still didn't matter it seems.

There's no way I can afford $117, the bill for this cycle plus $165 in bogus overages and the bill for next cycle. I am aware of proration but this is ridiculous, as I said when I was living in the city and had Fios the proration wasn't this extreme. It's too bad because of where I live I get screwed over, we've been waiting for Fios or Time Warner cable for almost ten years and are only around eight to ten miles outside the city.

Please look into this asap and see if it can be resolved, I need internet service but I'm not paying such an outrageous price especially when usage data shows me being well enough under my cap.

Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum.  While Verizon reps often respond to posts marked as questions, a response by a rep isn't guaranteed ... and if it does occur, it could be days after the post is left.  If you want a more timely response, you should call Customer Service.

0 Likes
Bud0707

Can't have no service

0 Likes
KMI2014

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or I'm misunderstanding your post but yes that's the gist of it for a few reasons..

- For some the internet is their livelihood i.e. work from home for a company or running your own business. Some college students take college courses online especially if they can't commute to a local college. I fit both these categories because I plan on going back to college soon to pursue my CS degree, studying for certification and doing computer repair for a living,

- For some this is the only (decent) option for internet service because no one cares about rural and semi-rural folks. In ten years someone could've and should've expanded their service out here. Not even a fixed wireless provider with "unlimited" or generous caps just greedy corps that want to gouge us because of where we live. My only choices here are dial up, satellite, mobile data (3G Evdo or Verizon Lte) and some don't even have the latter option but either way we get screwed.

- I just got service on June 20th and got billed promptly a few days later. Normally the bill comes due around the end of the cycle or next cycle with the prorated charges specified. I upgraded from 10GB to 16GB then to 20GB and already contacted a rep about backdating, it was supposed to have been taken care of as prorated overages were my concern after someone pointed that out elsewhere. I wasn't aware of how this worked but someone on another forum mentioned that I should contact a rep about backdating due to these prorated overages which I proceeded to do and thought that was the end of it.

Since I've registered for service I've been very paranoid about my usage due to overages. I was constantly checking usage and monitoring how much data my activities were consuming. My usage information on the device still places me around 5.5GB under my 20GB allotment. Under my account on MyVerizon usage information matched my device until recently where it's now being claimed on Verizon's side I used 31GB which is 10GB over my allotment for a hefty $165. Usage information on the device still remains unchanged.

My service shouldn't have been suspended this quick because..

- I've only had service under a month.

- Usage information is showing me being under the allotment for my plan.

- Bogus overages while usage is under the allotment for my plan.

- I already contacted a rep about backdating my plan/bill, it was supposed to be taken care of.

- I paid all but $25 on my bill for this cycle and was going to pay the remaining balance when I cashed my check next week. These massive overages were unexpected but they probably suspended service despite me paying nearly the whole balance this cycle due to the $165 worth of so called bogus overages they're claiming against me.

I suppose I will be calling support tomorrow to get this resolved although I dread talking over the phone. I get anxiety when it comes to talking on the phone and often there's miscommunication because I have speech issues. I prefer resolving issues over the internet or in person where I can explain the issue clearer with less room for error and miscommunication.

0 Likes
KMI2014

I wish I could but I don't have fixed phone service. I have a set amount of minutes prepaid phone I need to stretch out the whole month. I suppose I may have to contact support through live chat if I don't hear anything back today which is also difficult because of barely having a network connection. My parents are letting me use their wifi (satellite internet) until I get this resolved but it's so slow and times out constantly.

0 Likes
KMI2014

I don't really mean to be a bother but..

Maybe a mod/admin can expedite this by notifying a Verizon rep? I already tried posting in the Verizon direct forum at dslreports but the reps there said they don't deal with Verizon Wireless nor can they contact them despite being the same company. This eerie silence kind of gives me a bad vibe that Verizon is being silent to try sticking me with the charges and no service.

As said before phone is not really an option due to not having fixed phone service and only a prepaid fixed minutes Tracphone plus I have crippling (social) anxiety and am often misunderstood due to some speech issues. Live chat is a crapshoot due to barely having network connectivity since I'm borrowing my parents satellite connection over wifi until this is resolved, it's really slow and times out constantly. So I'm pretty much confined here and live chat is my next (last) resort if I can keep a connection long enough.

Thanks.

0 Likes
KMI2014

As I said I don't mean to pester but can a rep look into this and resolve it, can an admin/mod tip off a rep to assist me? I've been waiting a few days now and not a peep except from other members and an admin/mod. I don't really have another line/avenue for support atm. I would like this resolved before the end of today, it should take a matter of a few minutes tops to look into it and resolve it.

I thought the reps might be off until Monday but according to another thread they are here responding. Is the queue of customers seeking support on this forum that long that I would have to wait this long to hear anything? I know this was changed to a question but is it visible to the reps, perhaps something else needs to be toggled?

If I can load live chat I may try that but atm I can barely load anything over this slow satellite connection I'm using as backup  that keeps timing out.

Thanks and I apologize for being persistent and pestering about this..

0 Likes