Re: Major LTE Problems in D.C.
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Verizon supposedly turned the switch on something that will increase speeds significant in Washington DC today.  http://gizmodo.com/verizons-lte-just-three-times-faster-in-a-bunch-of-big-1477818374.  Can anybody confirm improved speeds?  I stopped using my Verizon phone because the service was so bad, but maybe this will bring me back if it actually fixes the problem.

0 Likes
Trish672

I can confirm that Verizon LTE speeds are still terrible here in downtown DC. Did a test run with my Ipad Air. When it connects (which isn't all that often) it usually tops out at 0.25 mb/s. Tmobile has really stepped up it's game though. As of this week I'm getting around 25 mb/s consistently. If things don't change within the next couple of months I'll be cutting ties with Verizon completely.

0 Likes
redwood02

Me as well 2 blocks south of dupont - even with 3 bars speeds are very slow or connections time out entirely

0 Likes
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pitiful.  Why would Verizon tell the press that it is speeding things up in DC and then not do it?  Hopefully it's on the way, but these months we've had with sub-3g speeds on LTE are just ridiculous, and the delay in fixing it just unacceptable.

Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Those speeds only applies to newest generation phones "IPhone 5S" and Samsung Galaxy S4 since they support that band. All others phones are still on the older bands and facing congestion.

0 Likes
GPSJay

I just want to add my voice to these complaints.  Zip code 20591.  I've been tracking this for months on my own.  I am so relieved to see others have the same problem.   I have been clocking LTE speeds of around 15 Mbps at 6:45 am every morning.  In exactly the same spot, between 11:30 am and noon, speeds drop to between 2 and .9.  It happens indoors and outside.  I mean, right in the heart of DC.

I use a Droid Razr.  The tech support folks for my office were using Verizon hotspots for some of their work, but had to switch to AT&T because they couldn't maintain LTE signals on Verizon inside our building. 

My contract is up in exactly two weeks.  After at least 15 years with VZW, I am probably going  to jump to AT&T or one of their alter-ego providers just to get decent LTE speeds at the time of day when it matters most.  This also happens in zip 20191 and also when I am out and about in Northern Virginia, e.g., Leesburg, VA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GPSJay,
Thank you for providing us that information.  I have looked in your areas that you have provided and I do not see any network issues reported in our system.  We would want to open a network ticket to have our engineers take a look at this issue.  If you could follow us and then direct message us your information so we could take a look at your account.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and  

GPSJay

I tried to sign up to direct message you, but never got the confirmation.  I bought an iPhone5S (unlocked) full price so that I could switch to another carrier if necessary.  I found that, initially, my speeds on Speedtest.net did go up on Verizon, but it turns out to be low network congestion during the holidays.  Now that the holidays are over, I am back to getting as much as 35 mbps early am but only about 1 to 2 mbps around noon.  Obviously, a congestion issue.  I always test within about 5 feet of the same location, so it is not a matter of changing my position relative to buildings, etc.  My contract is up, so I am shopping for alternatives.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there GPSJay,

I'm sorry for the confusion. I have already gone ahead and followed you. Please accept and follow me and send me a dm and I will take it from here. I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. I look forward to hearing from you.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes