Re: Major LTE Problems in D.C.
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Hi B33,

I can definitely relate to what you have to say. But trust me as phositadc mentioned we are frustrated because they are yet to acknowledge that there is a issue with their network congestion. My issue started in June and I gave them all the speedtest results since then, went their store many times, replaced 5 sim cards, 4 troubleshooting calls almost an hour each, community forum posting since september, 5 representative replied to post ,every time each of them asking for same question and then they get lost. So you tell me how will I not get frustrated. And its not as if I am paying less, asking so much money for reliable network should definitely provide that level of service. If not, then just compensate the consumers or at least pay attention to their complaints. Anyways I really spent enough time and I believe Verizon does not deserve my business anymore. If I have to receive this kind customer service I would rather stay with T-mobile and pay less for the services that are not rendered to me.

MD76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with all the expressions of frustration on this post.  The VZW 4G network is clearly congested in downtown DC, but the CSRs apparently have not been empowered to even admit that there's a problem.  I'd rather VZW acknowledge the issue and tell us what their plans are over the next 3-9 months to fix the problem.  BTW, out in Northern Virginia I generally have a good experience with the network and, in a recent trip to Boston, it was excellent.  VZW needs to build out capacity in DC. 

phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, I live in Northern VA (literally like 2-3 miles from downtown DC), and I've never had the problems in Northern VA that I have in DC.

It's amazing to me that going a couple miles can totally change the quality of the service.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup i understand I have a possible Solution for you Guys just move out to here Kansas signal is great no Grid iron Traffic to put up with we have great attractions, great Hunting & fishing and were not to far from Colorado and the great skiing that they out have there. Come on out and share out space b33

0 Likes
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

haha thanks for the invitation Smiley Happy  Maybe someday I'll be able to move away from DC, but by then cell phones will probably be hitting speeds of 1000 mbps!

0 Likes
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has admitted what we've known for months:  That it has some major congestion problems.  See http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57612021-94/verizon-admits-network-faces-traffic-pressure-in-big-ci....

Hopefully the customer service reps who respond to threads like this will now be able to acknowledge that.  And hopefully Verizon's promise of getting it fixed quickly will actually happen.

billsblots
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a colossal problem across cities nationwide for Verizon Wireless.  I have been complaining to them for over a year about the non-performing LTE network in downtown Richmond, Virginia, with no solid feedback from VZW, even telling me that I was in a "marginal area" - I'm 1/4 mile from the state capital and overlook the intersection of I-95 and the main downtown street in Richmond. 

Download speeds are typically less than 400 kbps (0.4 Mbps), although Verizon advertises their "blazing speeds" nationwide.

Complaining is finally having some effect.  Verizon has admitted they have major problems with throughput in major cities and have promised to reengineer their network and add additional frequencies.

I have often had to shut off LTE and resort to their 3G network, which is slow and plodding but eventually will load a page.

Keep complaining until they deliver the "blazing speeds" that they've been promising !!!

"Verizon CFO Fran Shammo admitted that the carrier’s network quality has  been compromised in some areas due to 4G LTE traffic, but a fix is on  the way by the end of the year."

0 Likes
billsblots
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, at work all day long it's actually horrible, and I often turn off LTE because a page won't load or a narrow audio stream won't pass.  Outside downtown 5 miles away at lunch it's not bad.

It's typically < 0.4 Mbps in Richmond, VA, but during a trip to Orange County, California the download speeds were typically 16+ Mbps, using the same web site to test download speeds.

At least they are finally admitting it, I've filed at least 15 complaints over the past year.

0 Likes
billsblots
Enthusiast - Level 2

how do you get the iphone to display the receive sig in dbm?  I had this capability on an older Droid Bionic but haven't found this capability in my iphone5.

0 Likes
dfizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The CRO of Verizon Wireless acknowledged major slowdowns on LTE in major cities. So clearly all this discussion about our phones and other issues were lies and deceptions designed to convince us they weren't the problem.

So much money are we owed on our bills? I'm sure someone can quantify the value of lost service.

0 Likes