Re: Major LTE Problems in D.C.
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

This response is insulting.  Have you even read the messages in this thread?  This is not an issue with a device.  It is not an issue with troubleshooting.  It is an issue of network congestion.

Have a Verizon corporate representative in the downtown DC area (near Metro Center would be ideal, but numerous posts in this thread confirm it is throughout downtown DC) do some testing and it will unquestionably confirm everything posted in this thread.

I just ran a speedtest on my iphone 5s.  Signal strenght is -77 dBm on LTE.  I got a ping of 50 ms, which is good, but a download speed of a very choppy and intermittent 0.71 mbps, and an upload speed of 0.57 mbps.

ANYBODY ON VERIZON, WITH ANY PHONE, WILL GET SIMILAR RESULTS IN THIS AREA.  IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE NUMEROUS PEOPLE WHO HAVE POSTED IN THIS THREAD, SEND ONE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES TO THE AREA AND RUN A SPEED TEST.

And yes, poor speed tests DO equate to bad real world results.  Webpages take forever to load.  It takes forever to send or receive an email with an attachment.  I can't download new apps.  It is very poor quality.

Again, I'd be happy, and I'm sure many others in this thread would be happy, if Verizon would simply acknowledge the issue and tell us that it is working diligently to fix it.

And just to be clear, since this point does not seem to be getting across, the issue is NOT with a given user's phone, SIM card, etc.  The issue is with Verizon's LTE network.  It is simply too congested.

Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

It is definitely very insulting. Here are the representative who replied to my post for washington DC Metro area congestion issue but they are yet to open the ticket or offer any resolution.

: : :

And here is the link to my post: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/806838

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have these Test been conducted in one minute Area Like Downtown,  North of the city, South of the City,  East or West ? Keep in mind they're may be different companies in a Big City as your's that manage & run certain Zones that carry the Digital some of it could be ran by Land Wire but i'd say most of it's run by Fiber Optic but if there is a break in any one of these System zones it can possibly lead to the Signal Degradation, And as big of an area that D.C. consist of it can take time to narrow down the Break if that is the case..  Hopefully not and Hopefully the Signal gets better.. b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@phositadc

It is never our intent to insult you or any of our valued customers.  I understand your point and want to do everything I can to resolve this issue for you.

Have you had a resolution ticket filed for the 4G problems in the area you mentioned?  If not, please follow me here ( ) and send me a Direct Message including your name and wireless number so I can further assist.  Thank you for your patience and your understanding!

Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate your response, but neither you nor any other Verizon Customer Service representative seems to understand what is going on in this thread.

The problems described in this thread by countless Verizon customers are not specific to any individual or to any phone.  They affect every single Verizon wireless LTE user in downtown DC.

Thus, whether you talk to me or any of the other posters in this thread individually is pointless.  I request, yet again, that Verizon simply have one of its employees in the downtown DC area run some speedtests on Verizon's LTE network.  It will unequivocally confirm that Verizon's LTE network suffers from massive overcongestion in downtown DC, resulting in extremely poor speeds, which results in poor browsing experience, inability to send email attachments, inability to download apps, inability to stream music, etc.

Just for the record, I just ran another speedtest on my iPhone 5s near Metro Center.  Ping was 45, which is great.  But download speed was 0.89 mbps, upload 1.13 mbps.

Again, this is unacceptable for Verizon LTE service.  And again, it is not me, it is not my device, it is not my SIM card.  This is simply every day, typical Verizon LTE speed in downtown DC.  Please acknowledge the problem and tell us that Verizon is working to reduce network congestion in downtown DC.

Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Screenshot_2013-10-31-14-20-58.png

Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

This is at K st NW downtown at zip 20006.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Nitspatel

I think the Reps are try as hard as they can to Solve this situation with what they have but there comes a Time when even it's out there hands and can do No more and I'm not taking what your try to get through an throw it under the Bus but the congestion with the 4G in your area is no different than congestion that you probably see out on your Local Freeway Arteries I know see congestion of the Free ways in our near by City of Wichita, Most of the time they can handle Volume but there is a particular time of day that it's bumper to bumper and it takes time to clear out..

And the only way to help the congestion weather it be in Highways or our Communications is to Build out more to Handle the Volume but we all that Takes money and even though the money that comes out your pocket and mine it's still a big cost and there are other factors that i'd say that Verizon has to look at to solve the issue that you and other customers are putting up with in that area.. Hope with the complaints it will get the ball Rolling but it may take time we all know how road projects linger on I can remember going up to Kansas City with dad many times and the Construction Projects they started 20 years ago there still working on some have got done but some just rolling on..

I snapped a couple Speed Test shots of what I get here in my Area) there are three Tower locations the 1. is located to the North of me at distance of 2 miles or Less the  ( 2.) Tower that is on top of an Apartment building is to the West and is about 2 1/2 miles from me and the ( 3.)  is to the south and is about same in Distance.. here are the results of those Test..

One thing I did with OOKLA I removed the Advertisement and when an update come on my Device I check with in the app of the Reviews of the Customers that are using it If a good share of the Reviews are indicating Good I update the App so ya might check for Updates on your phone as this can sometime make a difference on how the App works..

And just to add the screen shot you Took of your phone it looks like there buttons on a Android phone and not a iPhone but I might be guessing wrong.. I don't see to many iPhone's and they may have changed there button key Layout from what I see a few years ago..  

Speed Test 2  Screen Shot  Ra  10  31  2013.png

Speed Test 1 Screen Shot   Ra 10  31  2013.png

0 Likes
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

B33,

Are you in DC?  If so, where exactly?  Those are much better speeds than most others are seeing in downtown DC during business hours.

Also, I think Nitspatel's frustration--and my own frustration--stems from the fact that Verizon seems to be ignoring us.  If you read this thread, you'll see all sorts of comments about devices, SIM cards, troubleshooting, etc.  I think what we are really after is an acknowledge from Verizon that (1) yes, the speeds shown in this thread are unacceptable for LTE service, (2) the problem is due to congestion, and (3) they are working diligently to increase their network capabilities.

Instead, we get no acknowledgement of a problem whatsoever, and repeated requests to "troubleshoot."  But as repeatedly stated in this thread, no amount of troubleshooting is going to help.  It's a Verizon network issue.

It's all smoke and mirrors, but we just want Verizon to acknowledge the issue and tell us they are trying to fix it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No i'm not in the DC Area but I'v seen those low numbers like that even in the City that I live in even on 4G"  it was worse when we had only 3G" .. But when our State Fair is going on our City swells in the big number's of people and it lays a heavy burden on the System. To help stabilize the system here in our city Verizon brings in Mobile mini Towers which they may have to do in you in your Area as well to combat the problem that you and other customers are seeing..

0 Likes