Major LTE Problems in D.C.
dfizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there an explanation for the significant LTE service disruptions in central D.C.?

For the past week LTE service has slowed to an absolute crawl near Metro Center, literally 3-4 blocks from the "Verizon Center" (which you'd think would get great LTE service).

Every day from about 11:30AM on the LTE becomes absolutely useless and remains so throughout the afternoon and into the evening.

This is NOT a problem with my phone as this problem has been occuring for every person with Verizon in my office. We have never had a problem with the LTE service in our building before this week and going outside does nothing to alleviate the problem.

The service is fine in the mornings but without fail right around 11:30 it absolutely dies. Phone says it is connected to LTE services but nothing that uses data will work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Major LTE Problems in D.C.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dfizzo,

You deserve the best wireless experience in the world and that's exactly what we will deliver to you my friend! It will be my pleasure to assist with the 4G connectivity in your area. Let's start with what zip code are you in? Also, what make and model device are you using? Once I have the zip code then I can check to see if there are ant network enhancements in the area that may affect the service. Also, if you can be so kind as to describe this area for me then that would be great. For example, it this a large metropolitan area or is it more of a remote area? Are there any major events that happens regularly in this area at 11:30? If so then the issue may be with the sudden increase of network traffic. In either case, once you have provided us with the requested info then we can investigate. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dfizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip code is 20005, my phone is a Droid Incredible 4G LTE. This is downtown, urban DC, about 3 blocks from the Verizon Center arena.

A few things:

1) This is a recent problem occuring over the last week into today

2) The problem is affecting EVERYONE with Verizon service in my office, it is NOT limited to my phone only so it is clearly a service problem and not a phone problem.

3) The problem occurs whether inside or outside of the building.

4) I have run speedtests and I normally see around 1Mbps, however, starting around 11:00AM every day that drops down to 300kbps and remains there until around 4:30.

To summarize:

ALL Verizon 4g service in this area drops in speed by around 66% (1Mbps down to 300kbps) from approximately 11:00AM - 4:30PM Monday through Friday (the problem did NOT occur over the weekend). This problem happens regardless of location in or out of a building and occurs for ALL Verizon customers in my office. It is therefore NOT a phone problem but clearly a Verizon service problem.

This issue has been occuring for approximately 1 week now, prior to that there was no such issue. Clearly something has changed in the last week regarding Verizon service in this area.

0 Likes
BluntestJen

This is happening in Oxon Hill, MD and in Charlotte, NC - we have been having major issues with all of our verizon phones for WEEKS now! 2 of our lines/contracts are up in January and we are seriously thinking of going elsewhere...our other two lines do not go up until 2015 - boo! We pay over $350 a month for 3 cell phones and home internet and it BLOWS!

0 Likes
tdmne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't mean to hijack the thread but this is also happening in downtown DC near the Capital, zipcode 20416.  My Galaxy Note 2 is unable or barely able to load webpages during the day.

0 Likes
dfizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

No please, hopefully this will clue VZW into the fact that this is NOT an isolated problem and is likely affecting many customers. They seem blind tot he idea that there might be a problem in the area.

Even if it's just network congestion from some conference or event this kind of service disruption should be unacceptable to any reputable company.

Verizon, however, seems content to ignore the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information dfizzo! I see a ticket that was submitted to our engineers for investigation that appears to be your ticket. I don't have your account information to confirm. Therefore, if you did not submit a resolution ticket please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number. If you indeed already submitted a ticket please allow 3-5 business days for a resolution. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BluntestJen

I'm veryt sorry you've been having issues for weeks. Let's work together and get this resolved. We appreciate your years of loyal service. Which devices do you have? Does this happen outdoors as well? What zip code are you in?

I look forward to hearing from you and getting this addressed.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BluntestJen

Yes, this happens inside and outside. I have 2 Droid Razrs and 1 iPhone 4 along with home internet service through Verizon. My zip is 28092 (home), but having problems everywhere…my husband is in Maryland and I work in Gastonia, NC.

Thanks,

Jen

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the information. I do notice opportunities within the areas that you provided. Have you had a network ticket placed in to ensure that we're able to diagnose the issue?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes