Lincoln Nebraska 4G
jyates23

Just wondering why Lincoln Nebraska has not received 4G yet.  Omaha and parts of Iowa have, but the capital city of the state has not yet.  It doesn't seem to make sense when the capital city and huge college town have not got it, but another city 45mins away has. 

And yes I do get it that Omaha has a higher population, but according to Verizon, smaller cities are also receiving the update.

So when will the CAPITAL of Nebraska be getting 4G LTE?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lincoln Nebraska 4G
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

it will be there when they put it there

verizon is not releasing much info as to when they are doing upgrades where

like the rest of us, you just have to wait

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The Omaha metro area has 4G. That includes the towns surrounding Omaha itself. The 4G LTE network does reach down to Ashland or Greenwood along with the I80 corridor.

Lincoln will get the network eventually.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to see the excitement for 4G/LTE coverage!  Verizon Wireless is working around-the-clock to bring 4G everywhere!

I do not have a launch date for Lincoln, but I do recommend you sign-up for 4G coverage alerts here!

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

jyates23 wrote:

Just wondering why Lincoln Nebraska has not received 4G yet.  Omaha and parts of Iowa have, but the capital city of the state has not yet.  It doesn't seem to make sense when the capital city and huge college town have not got it, but another city 45mins away has. 

And yes I do get it that Omaha has a higher population, but according to Verizon, smaller cities are also receiving the update.

So when will the CAPITAL of Nebraska be getting 4G LTE?

Population, Auffit AFB is there as well.  There are probably other factors, but those 2 are the most notable.

KC hasn't received it yet and isn't on the "coming soon" section either.  Just don't tell them =p

=(

VZW.com/4G

Enter your email at the top, get notified when it's coming!

0 Likes