Re: LTE speeds plummet
little1406
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat.  Go Unlimited plan.  Living in rural central Texas near Dale.   Strong cellular signal   4-5 bars usually.   Evening data rates are much less than 1 Mb/s usually around 0.2 or 0.3.  But upload rates are 5-10 Mb/s.   So this looks like network congestion on the download side.   I realize that Verizon has the right to do this but let's be real.   Anything below 1-2 Mb/s is just unusable these days.   

Further, when I go into Austin, my phone will show me 30-50 Mb/s   So please Verizon will you increase the service bandwidth out here?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

little1406, making sure you have the best plan that fits your needs is key. I regret you're having troubles with data speeds. Allow us to figure this out. Verizon’s 4G LTE network is engineered to provide a typical minimum speed of 5-12Mbps while downloading and 2-5Mbps while uploading. With the GoUnlimited plan, you will find the speeds to slow down anytime you are on towers that have some congestion. The GoUnlimited plan is normally used for lighter data usage, rather than heavier data usage. The unlimited plans promise unlimited data, not unlimited speeds. We cannot provide unlimited speeds on a network technology which in and of itself, is limited. This is because it's a shared resource and just like other shared resources when bogged down or over consumed, it impacts how other services are able to work/perform. Understanding the difference between the unlimited plans is important. Please take a look to compare what unlimited plan may work best for your needs: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/ With our AboveUnlimited plan you are guaranteed 4G LTE speeds for the first 75GB of data per line per bill cycle. Our BeyondUnlimited plan provides you with 22GB of 4G LTE speeds per line per bill cycle. If one of these other plans will fit your needs better, you can conveniently change your plan via your My Verizon app (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205750/). I hope this information is beneficial.  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
FlAnalyst
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue will never be resolved in this forum. The ability of a carrier to deny service and call it "prioritization" is a Net Neutrality issue and will only be resolved when the FCC determines that it is not in the best interests of the consumer.  Clearly, the current FCC is composed of political appointees that favor the corporate interests over the interests of consumers.  If you want to have equal access to carrier networks, the current FCC leadership needs to be changed and only then will consumers see fair pricing commensurate with services that are delivered and not denied to move customers to higher priced plans.

0 Likes