LTE speeds in El Paso has been getting slower lately after the LTE Advanced announcement.
Tony88136
Enthusiast - Level 2

LTE speeds in El Paso has been getting slower lately after the LTE Advanced announcement which I got really pumped for because I thought I was going to get way faster speeds, but instead were I live I used to get 4 bars of signal and an average of 30mbps down now after the announcement of LTE Advanced I get 2 bars of signal and an average of 2-5mbps down which is way slower whats going on verizon ? My zip is 79936

Labels (1)
Re: LTE speeds in El Paso has been getting slower lately after the LTE Advanced announcement.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's concerning to hear that you are experiencing these issues. What model of device do you have?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: LTE speeds in El Paso has been getting slower lately after the LTE Advanced announcement.
Tony88136
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 Edge + , also my device ia not the only one I've done several speed tests on several devices like another S6 Edge + and a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and Ellipsis 10 tablet they all show the same speed. Also the upload speed also went down considerably now averages at about 2mbps. Thank you.

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Same here, but my speeds reduction is not that much.  According to what Verizon CSR told me, LTE Adv. is for major cities which experience congestion.  I mentioned about the reduction in speeds and they told me I am still in the LTE range. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tony88136,

Having reliable service is a must! How long have you been having slower data speeds? Is this occurring in a specific spot or all over? Inside &/or outside? How are calls/texts?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tony88136
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's strange considering that they have El Paso in the list of having LTE Advanced available on Verizon's website does that mean that only certain towers or areas in El Paso have been updated to have LTE Advanced.

0 Likes
Tony88136
Enthusiast - Level 2

It hasn't been that much I would say about 2-3 weeks. There are several spots where data speeds are slow especially in areas were there is no band 4 LTE coverage in those areas is about 2 mbps down on average, where I live there is band 4 coverage that's probably the reason I get on average 5 mbps down slightly higher than just band 13 but still slow than what I used to get 2-3 weeks prior. I seem to be getting the same speed inside or outside. Call and texts are perfectly fine no problems with them only the data speed has become slower. Thank you

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

Same here though. The towers I run off of are located in either 2 cities.  But, although they are on the map I do not have LTE Adv. either.  I did a tower search to figure it out.  Verizon didn't know or wouldn't tell me what tower(s) I run off of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying how long this has been going on. Can you provide the ZIP Code for the areas where you experience a decrease in data services?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tony88136
Enthusiast - Level 2

In 79936 thats were I live, in 79928 thats were it's the slowest most likely because there is no band 4 LTE (aka: XLTE) coverage, and in 79938 I get full bars of signal connected to band 4 LTE but speeds are pretty low more likely congestion.

0 Likes