Re: LTE doesnt connect after international travel/SIM swap
docgolf

Where would I do that on the iPhone?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Without an iPhone in front of me, I don't know the exact menu items... Settings -->Network --> check options and see if there are preferred network settings for GSM, LTE/CDMA, Global....

0 Likes
Intltravel

Any resolution to this problem since you last posted?

0 Likes
WHITESHARKHUNTER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe I have solved this.  Many overseas carriers use profiles with their networks and SIMs.  They can do a number of different things, but normally they are enabling you access to their wifi network directly instead of through the normal wifi interface.  This is why when you get some SIMS overseas you see that it comes with unlimited wifi.  In places like Tokyo it comes in quite handy and is seamless and you can buy less data and use less power (wifi uses less power than cellular antennas).   The problem relates to carrier settings and profiles.  On Verizon (and i think the other US carriers) you can't edit the carrier settings it just has a link that takes you to verizon's homepage.  Most networks in the world have a set of settings under cellular->carrier settings that affect various operations but you can't access that in the US.  So the problem is that between profiles and carrier settings it's not resetting.  Here is the solution.  First delete the profiles installed, note if you have some VPN setup or something similar stateside that could be a valid profile, you would have to check the name to be sure.  This should be under settings->general->profile (note: if there isn't any installed then you probably don't even see profile there).  Then reboot.  If that doesn't get it done, also go in and reset network settings settings->general->reset->reset network settings. If none of this works then options next are having the SIM replaced at verizon store, reloading the full iOS when connected to itunes on a PC or perhaps trying to put in the overseas sim to get into carrier settings and zero everything out.  For reference part of what helped me diagnose was a full iOS refresh without a restore from my backup and LTE worked fine.  Moment i restored from backup went back to 3g problem since that profile got restored from backup. 

rhinoyo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Deleted the profiles worked for me!  Thanks