LTE Speeds On My Devices Are Terrible
Fitz030808
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to vent because I've become more and more frustrated as time goes on. We have 3 Verizon devices. Two phones and one router device we use for our home internet. As time has gone by, especially in the last couple of weeks, our devices have become almost unusable. Our phones are indeed in LTE but speed tests show us getting around a 1.5 at peak and the norm of around less than a 1 down. I'm also getting tired of having support tell me to reset my phone, they're "working on it"....At what point is a person allowed to just part ways with Verizon. I have the 30gb plan so my son can watch Netflix, youtube, and we can use as our home internet. In the event the applications stream, it buffers every 5  seconds. I'm a tired, frustrated customer. Can someone help??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Speeds On My Devices Are Terrible
Snn5
Legend

I have had 3-4 networking tickets issued.  Each time Vzw says someone came to my house and performed a speed test.  Of course, they didn't, but whatever.  They say, it might be scheduled maintenance, it isn't.  They say, the network is fine it must be the device, no.  They claim to escalate the issue to networking engineers, they don't.  So, I gave up on that a long time ago.  My speeds have been less than 1 Mb down since XLTE rolled out to my area.  I had thought that if my phone could change networks to 3G/LTE only and exclude XLTE I might be ok given that speeds were excellent beforehand and previous devices were great in the same locations.  Unfortunately, Verizon has disabled those features in recent updates.  The reps have so much going on (I was talking to one about networking when she responded that she had changed my ring-back tone and would i like to call to confirm it) and most have no idea how the phones work given their limited emulators and simulators.  In the end, they offer to exchange the phone or device under warranty and if all else fails, they go for Early Edge, if eligible.  I decided to just wait it out and hope there's a positive change, because there's no use in cutting service and changing carriers right now, not for me anyway.

0 Likes
Fitz030808
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. My problem is that we rely on the service for our home internet. When its performing this poorly, I'm not able to work from home and use my companies VPN network.

Yeah, I'm sure coming out and checking it will be something they'll say. I want to be present when that happens though. I'm sure that won't be an option.

Snn5
Legend

For all the issues I have had with Time Warner Cable Internet, I have heard very few good stories about Verizon's home services.  I have never had anything but Verizon's wireless service, so I cannot speak for Fios and Home connect and the rest.

0 Likes
Fitz030808
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, we use Verizon Wireless for our home internet. They don't offer FIOS in our area.