LTE Speeds Are Extremely Slow
Hollow1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since March 2019 my LTE speeds have been slow. I can't even get a speed test to load anymore. Last test I took showed about 170ms latency, 0.4mbps download, 5.0mbps upload. I have the top unlimited plan (forgot what it's called). As of 05/24/2019 I've used 6.78GB  with 3 days left of cycle; most of which was done out of town. Location is 86323, Chino Valley, AZ.

I live with 3 other people who're also Verizon customers. They're sharing a limited data plan but have no performance issues with their LTE.

Re: LTE Speeds Are Extremely Slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get great data services when you need it, Hollow1115. We do want to help you with your service you have with us.

We have sent you a Private Message, since we need some additional information from you, but this is a public community forum.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hollow1115, we do want to address your concerns with data at your location. Hearing that others with Verizon do not have the same issue as you are while on a different plan, points to that being associated with this experience. 

We have different unlimited plan options, the base plan option being the Go Unlimited plan. This plan does offer unlimited data, but while in an area of congestion, your speeds would be slower than normal. Most likely that is the issue at your location that is causing the problem.

Our other unlimited plans like our Beyond Unlimited, would offer you a 22GB threshold that allows you to get 4G speeds, even while in a congested area. Please provide the best phone number for us to give you a call at, so we can get more details from you and review your line and plan.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Hollow1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding. I have the Above Unlimited Plan. I haven't received the private message yet to give my phone number.

0 Likes
HESOYAM
0 Likes
Hollow1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shows a sea of red at my location and surrounding areas. I average 3 to 4 bars of signal with LTE. My guess is throttling, even though I have the Above Unlimited and the most data I've used in a single cycle is about 35GB, 75 being the throttle cap. Just PM'd support with phone number, we'll see what they come up with.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Hollow1115 wrote:

Shows a sea of red at my location and surrounding areas. I average 3 to 4 bars of signal with LTE. My guess is throttling, even though I have the Above Unlimited and the most data I've used in a single cycle is about 35GB, 75 being the throttle cap. Just PM'd support with phone number, we'll see what they come up with.

There is no throttee cap. After 75 GB you're conenction may be during deprioritzed during times of congestion. What device are you using?

0 Likes
Hollow1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPhone XR

0 Likes
tdavid12
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS IS A LIE!!!!!! There are thousands of complaints about Verizon customers with terribly slow LTE. Verizon tells you that you have an unlimited plan until you use more data than their algorithm suggested you would; then they slow down you data speed egregiously!! Verizon does NOT care about the customer they care about the stock price... (ex. advertisements with unlimited data at LTE or 4G whatever they are calling it, then in tiny print says you only get that until you use over the same data gauge on a cheaper plan. Its their way of scamming people and making more money, now that T-mobile bought out sprint, thats the way to go. Unfortunately i still have Verizon and can barely ever use my "unlimited" data as it is extremely slow and cant even download 5 second instagram videos... Verizon is like tinder; look how good i look, then you sellout and take the date to find out its the exact opposite. I highly DON'T recommend join Verizon of if you're a customer i highly recommend getting out of that contract ASAP!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tdavid12, we would be more than happy to discuss any service concerns you may have. Have you reviewed your plan details to ensure you know how your Unlimited plan works in regards to your Wireless account? Where does this usually happen? 

0 Likes