Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
S99klein
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I just passed the 14 days and stuck with it because it seemed to be stable for a few days. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bzublin, we never want to learn a customer is leaving us. So that we can look into this for you, please tell us if this is for cellular or home service?

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

"bzublin, we never want to learn a customer is leaving us. So that we can look into this for you, please tell us if this is for cellular or home service?"

Bahahaha, we are all doomed!

bzublin
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading through the 16 pages of this thread I am convinced that dealing with Verizon is a waste of time and we should instead contact the manufacturer of the modem directly since they are responsible for the hardware design and proper firmware operation. The model number ASK-RTL108 is made by Askey Computer Corp based in Taiwan but they do have an office in California. Here is the contact information, we should all start calling to voice our complaints which may help to escalate the issue:

Askey International Corporation (AIC)
4017 Clipper Court,
Fremont CA 94538 USA
TEL. +1 510-573-1259

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the situation once again. To confirm have you gone as far as completing a Factory Reset on the latest Router you have received to clear any possible errors? 

0 Likes
S99klein
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support - Yes, we have done this. I've full factory reset the router multiple times. This is not something that can be solved by basic troubleshooting tactics such as reboot or reset. This is clearly a firmware flaw that was introduced in the latest version of the firmware which has been pointed out by numerous people on this thread. Please stop asking us these basic questions and read the thread and come back with a solution that isn't something out of the level 1 troubleshooting manual. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, jadmire. I know how frustrating this can be and having a reliable internet connection is very important. Our internal team and the manufacturer is aware of this issue and are investigating this problem to find a resolution. We appreciate your patience throughout this. 

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
Joe48005
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler

@annag_vzw @Anna, this has been going on for well over a month now.  What is the anticipated resolution date on this?  How long do you expect all of your customers to wait for a resolution?  Why can't Verizon and the manufacturer rollback the firmware to the previous version as a temporary fix until the more permanent one is found

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no. That's not what we want you to be experiencing. We'd like you to have an excellent experience. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes