Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
river_runner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon support, I have not received the new SIM card yet. On 12/1/2020 I spoke with Verizon support via a phone call. I referred them to this post as they were unaware of the firmware issue. They looked into the issue documented here and said that the manufacturer of the router has a new firmware ready to go but has not indicated when this update will be pushed to our routers. The new firmware version number is 203356, which seems like they may be pushing down an older version. Let's all hope this comes very soon and fixes the issue. To all Verizon support who are replying to us in this discussion, please look into the when the new firmware will be released and keep us updated. Thank you

Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections (my experience)
gwbarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just to add a little more info to the discussion...

I received my LTE Home Router on 11/30 and immediately started having similiar problems.

- In my case when it dropped internet connection I would get to two blinking red lights (it never happened unless I had the red lights)

- Oddly enough if I logged into the router I could successfully do a test ping to 8.8.8.8 so it really was connected to the internet

- Since I am still connected via my DSL and am just testing the LTE I was able to just wait when I got the red lights and it would eventually go back to working on its own.  Might take several hours.

- I am on firmware version 204453

- I tried the factory reset and, in my case, it seems to have helped in that I now have gone about a day and 1/2 without having a problem.

- after the factory reset I am still on firmware version 204453

So, as noted, for now, mine seems to be working.  I will update if it fails again.  So, I would suggest trying the factory reset if you have not done so already.

Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections (my experience)
gwbarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Should have mentioned in my previous post that in my case I was only using the Wi-Fi connection and was still dropping my connection several times a day.

But, as noted, have not dropped since I did the factory reset yesterday.

0 Likes
Zjp57
Enthusiast - Level 3

@gwbarr I hope yours keeps working. I did factory reset and mine worked for 1-2 days and then starting to act up again. 

For the rest, the symptoms are very similar to yours.

Still waiting for Verizon to revert to the previously working firmware or getting a fixed one. Unfortunately, I got rid of my DSL after the router was working very well for 1-2 weeks, i.e. before the disastrous firmware update.

0 Likes
Air_Boss
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since my post on / 11-30-2020 06:04 AM /  ... for the past 3 days or so the WAN connection has remained consistent, meaning no ugly lights on the front and no recycling power to the device. Firmware is still at 204453. Not that VZW support will be able to tell us, but I wonder if since the firmware upgrade some maintenance has had to be done on the cell towers to keep up with the firmware. ... 

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Air_Boss wrote:

Since my post on / 11-30-2020 06:04 AM /  ... for the past 3 days or so the WAN connection has remained consistent, meaning no ugly lights on the front and no recycling power to the device. Firmware is still at 204453. Not that VZW support will be able to tell us, but I wonder if since the firmware upgrade some maintenance has had to be done on the cell towers to keep up with the firmware. ... 

Sounds plausible that a network software rollout was not consistent across the platform, before the router software update, causing the issue.  Maybe a VZW agent can contact the appropriate group to find out?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
dcz108
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was hopeful after reading these recent posts from others, but mine dropped again this morning. No different from what we’ve been seeing over the past 2-3 weeks.  After that, I turned off the LTE router’s WiFi and connected all my devices through our secondary linksys WiFi router (connected via LAN).  I need to start doing some experimenting to figure out a solution. Verizon doesn’t seem to be very urgent in finding a solution for this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

river_runner,

We want to do all we can to resolve your concerns, and have reached out via Private Note. We look forward to your response.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
dcz108
Enthusiast - Level 2

To follow up on my last post.. turning off the WiFi didn’t help.  We dropped again. Ugh

myjo

so VZW.. what did you come up with

0 Likes