Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
Joe48005
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  I have received a replacement router, new sim card, and they are shipping me an external antenna.  It worked great until the firmware update.  Verizon, please correct your firmware or rollback until you do.  Having to power cycle multiple times a day is ridiculous.

krayton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wondering if its something to do with the ethernet lan connection. My desktop is using that port. There are a few times turning the computer on disconnects the internet connection on wifi connected computers.

The network map always shows everything is fine though. But a diagnostic ping through it always shows 100% loss/disconnected

Hopefully we get a fixed update. 

Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Installed the new modem worked flawlessly for 2 days and then installed the update last night to 204453 instantly bricked the device at 1:30am 2 red flashing lights. Now the device is having the exact same issues as the prior one using the updated firmware. 

Dsmize2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update people... I got through to a higher level Tech support. He did say that the R/D team is aware of the issue and is working to resolve he obviously couldn't give me a timeline but, at least its something to know the people who can actually fix it are aware of the issue and working towards a solution. 

BarefootMike

A variation of this happened to me. No internet despite showing green. Power cycled and came up with two flashing red LEDs. Removed and reinserted SIM (while still powered on) and it went green again.

So far still working, but then again I got nearly a week out of it before it failed the first time. FWIW, I've only used WiFi so far, nothing connected via ethernet. In addition to usual internet stuff, I do a lot of audio streaming (tidal/Qobuz) and some video streaming (Amazon Fire TV stick), and I'm quite pleased overall with the performance and speed, but hope this won't become an ongoing issue.

On a side note, how does one get the external antenna for this?

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

@BarefootMike when I was on the phone with a tech to initially report my issues I asked about an antenna, and they just sent it to me.  Don't get too excited, it didn't help me.  The paperwork says the antenna was $199, mine was discounted to 0.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as a customer. Lets get this figured out. Does this happen at a specific time?  How is the unit not working? AlbertoR_VZW 

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

AlbertoR_VZW - the thread you found me on documents the problem in detail as well as it seems like larger customer impacting issue.

In short the latest firmware update is bad.  It's causing a connection issue.  The only way to resolve is to reboot.

The modem also is lacking many useful features such as reboot remotely, bridge mode, etc.

0 Likes
Joe48005
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens throughout the day, all different times.  No consistency.  I have the same issues that everyone has listed.  Status light shows green but internet will drop.  A power cycle is needed to restore the internet.  Also the WPS light and status light will be solid red, with no internet.  I have had a new router, new sim card, external antenna, no changes.  I have the same firmware problem as the rest.  It worked great until the update.  Please rollback the firmware or correct the issue.  

RLF_1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here after firmware update router will only stay connected to internet if all LAN connections are removed. They need to allow us to revert back to old firmware now.