Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
johnwarfel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issues as all of you.  I have the same software #204453.  I got a replacement unit a few days ago and  when I turned it on it immediately updated.  Same problems.  Yesterday I reset the software to factory original in the web based user interface (device/backup/restore/factory restore).  That was 24 hours ago and since then it has worked perfectly and it hasn't tried to update itself.  I am hoping I am good.

krayton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just chiming in as I have the exact same issue. Even started looking at other carrier options. Glad to see Im not the only one. I havent tried the factory restart, but I might try (figured it would just update the firmware).

restarting the router is getting old....

johnwarfel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think mine is fixed.  I haven't had any problems for two days. I think restoring to factory did it.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Bootylactin
Enthusiast - Level 3

@johnwarfel what firmware is running after the factory reset?  The bad one (204453)?

0 Likes
krayton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had no luck with the factory reset. Mine stayed at 204453. Problems continue.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@krayton wrote:

I had no luck with the factory reset. Mine stayed at 204453. Problems continue.

Are there different methods of doing the factory reset, one that maybe turns off auto-update?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
johnwarfel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was running 204453 before and after the reset.  For some reason mine did not try to update after the reset. 

0 Likes
_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried a reset multiple times with no luck.  Also as already mentioned an entire new router.

Still at a loss for a fix.

_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

My service has been terrible in general today - the latency is through the roof causing bad virtual meeting experience.  This firmware is a bad release.

I might have to go back to my other service.

@vzw_cm , @vzw_customer_support  Please help and update!!!!

0 Likes
Vflkp1659
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to update on mine. Saturday I woke to no internet connection but the light was green. So I reset the router using the reset button on the back. It came on and connected and I had internet for about 10min then got the two flashing red lights again, only way I can get rid of those is a factory reset. But before I did that, I had an ethernet cable connecting to my Philips Hue bridge, I decided to disconnect it for the heck of it, and then do a factory reset. I was able to get connected back and this was around 9:30am Saturday and it’s 3:30pm Monday and so far it’s been working like a charm. Still on firmware 204453. I haven’t connected my ethernet cable back to it though, haven’t wanted to chance it yet.