LTE Coverage in Hampton Roads area
TyShawn

I just upgraded to an Iphone 5 after speeds on my 4s started to really go down hill. I had to pay full price for this phone because of all the changes Verizon has made to their policies. Well fast forward to today and I have found that no matter where I am in my area speeds are no better then what I was receiving on 3G. during peak hours at best I get 1.5Mb/s down some times its 500ish kb/s down depending on location and time of day. Last night I was up late and tried running a speed test and found I was able to get 7Mb/s down ( that is ok with me). I was also on the road in the middle of nowhere and was pulling 19Mb/s down. So at times I don't want to use service or in areas I normally will never be I receive the service that Verizon advertises.

Today I did call customer service and was told there are issues in my area and they don't have an ETA on when things will be fixed. I am happy at the fact Verizon knows of the issue, but unhappy at the fact it that this issue could go on for Goodness how long. As a customer in the last 3 years I have seen my $100.00 new every two get pulled and replaced with a New every two 50.00. Then that was pulled from me and replaced with a pay full rate for your phone plan. I have also seen free plan renewals get replaced with a 36.00 renewal fee. My data rates start to decline, and lastly customer service go from WOW there is no better to a hit and miss experience.

At this point Verizon if you had to sell a new customer on this information how would you word these selling points to a new customer. Because as a customer of 10+ years this is the selling points I am walking away with. Yes I do want help, yes I want to be completely fair, no I am not looking to bash Verizon because as a whole my service is better than average. But at this time I am looking at a few deltas that I would like to have ironed out so we both can enjoy our partnership.

My service zip code is 23452 and 24019.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
LTE Coverage in Hampton Roads area
TyShawn

Wow not one response from a Verizon rep to assist with this issue. I'm sad my business is not worth their time.

0 Likes
Re: LTE Coverage in Hampton Roads area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TyShawn wrote:

Wow not one response from a Verizon rep to assist with this issue. I'm sad my business is not worth their time.

There was no response because you didn't mark your original post as a question. Even then their response isn't guaranteed on this peer to peer community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes