I wonder if?
nrl05

I wonder If when verizon Releases 4g everywhere Will they cut contracts were you can upgrade to a 4g phone and go under a 2 year contract even if your currently 2 years isnt up. itd be nice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I wonder if?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

nrl05 wrote:

I wonder If when verizon Releases 4g everywhere Will they cut contracts were you can upgrade to a 4g phone and go under a 2 year contract even if your currently 2 years isnt up. itd be nice.

I doubt it.  I wouldn't if it was my business.  The transition to 4G will not be an instantaneous event like turning on a light bulb.  There will be plenty of time for contracts to expire and customers to come on board with new 4G service.  Plus if VZW were to cut contracts as you suggest, they would need to have a great number of 4G phones available for those new upgrades, along with the additional technical customer service (for these new 'buggy' phones) to service them.

None of that makes good business sense.  Despite all of our issues with VZW, they have good business sense.

0 Likes
Re: I wonder if?
willzzz88
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will take time. 4G LTE requires fiber-level backhaul for the IP-RAN and VZW obviously is starting with the cities first where they can easily get fiber assets for backhaul. Probably in ~2-3 years when it spreads to rural areas they will either 1. Get a supplier to pull fiber or 2. Use microwave. or 3. (last resort) Use a **bleep**-load of legacy NxT1 as a last resort (won't be as fast as the cities).

0 Likes