I recently switched from AT&T but am having trouble with my LTE service at and around my home
gtexan

I have been a long time AT&T subscriber. I recently switched to Verizon to get the new iPhone 7. Before switching, I checked the Verizon coverage map for my area and it appeared that it was comprehensive and strong coverage.

After receiving my new phone I have had numerous issues:

1. Frequently getting only "1 bar" for signal strength (In field test mode this equates to frequent -110 to -118dB signal strength)

2. Calls are difficult to hear (frequent sporadic reception that makes it hard for others to understand me)

3. Regular transitioning from LTE to 3G speed

I entered a chat with a Verizon rep and he told me that there were "cell towers all over my location" and that he could improve my problem through "syncing" my account with the local towers. I do not know what this means, but he told me he was going to make a change on the Verizon side and then to turn off my phone, reset network settings, and then reboot after 5 minutes. I did these steps and waited a few days but the problem has persisted.

Please help! I never experienced these signal strength issues with AT&T and this is making my experience unstable and unsustainable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I recently switched from AT&T but am having trouble with my LTE service at and around my home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gtexan, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Wireless reception can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, it's normal for signal to fluctuate. However, how's service when you leave your residence? Do you have this issue indoors, outdoors, or both?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I recently switched from AT&T but am having trouble with my LTE service at and around my home
mama23dogs
Legend

There have been many existing customers who upgraded to the iPhone 7 with the same results.  I suggest you contact Apple for a replacement phone. 

Have you tried wifi calling on the phone ?  If you have home wifi, you can use your home internet connection for talk and text. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Agree, try wifi calling if you have wifi at home.

0 Likes
gtexan

Hi LasinaH_VZW,

Thanks very much for your reply. I am having issues indoors and outdoors. This afternoon I had a call that lasted a total of 26 minutes. The call was force -ended three times due to poor reception and the person not at my location unable to hear intelligible information. The reception seems to be poor in all areas of my house.

The other problem is that I did not have these issues on AT&T - indoors or outdoors.

Can you please comment on what the "sync" procedure with the towers was and what this is supposed to accomplish?

0 Likes
gtexan

Is the antenna in the iphone 7 worse than the 6? My hope was that it would be an improvement. I can try wifi calling but I was hoping for a different solution Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

We bought 2 iPhone 7 - a regular 7 and a plus. Each has as good to better reception than the 6 and 6 plus they replaced. There does seem to be some reports that some 7s have worse reception. Those that are beta testing the next version of iOS report it improve with that upgrade.

You should try wifi calling - it really is a great feature. It hands off from wifi to cellular quite well. The wifi calling implementation that the iPhone has is much better than android.

Just turn on wifi calling and leave it on. I think you will be glad you did. Even if you fix the reception issue.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The update for the 7 and 7 plus for connectivity issues was just released today! Good timing

Update iOS to 10.0.3 which is to fix connectivity issues on the 7 and 7 plus

https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/17/apple-releases-ios-10-0-3-iphone-7-and-7-plus/

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

gtexan wrote:

Hi LasinaH_VZW,

Thanks very much for your reply. I am having issues indoors and outdoors. This afternoon I had a call that lasted a total of 26 minutes. The call was force -ended three times due to poor reception and the person not at my location unable to hear intelligible information. The reception seems to be poor in all areas of my house.

The other problem is that I did not have these issues on AT&T - indoors or outdoors.

Can you please comment on what the "sync" procedure with the towers was and what this is supposed to accomplish?

I could be wrong, but I think it's CS speak for, "We are stalling as we have no idea, hope to pass the buck to the next guy"

Do you have more than one phone with Verizon?  Are all phones poor?   Only at home? 

wifi calling worked great on my Samsung.  Turn it on.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

mama23dogs wrote:

wifi calling worked great on my Samsung. Turn it on.

I should know better to write anything that is anywhere remotely Apple v. Android Smiley Happy

We all agree, turn on wifi calling, and hope the 10.0.3 update fixes all your issues!