How to report poor 4GLTE service in 75039
phelper

Irving, TX, between 114, 161, and MacArthur.

In the mornings before lunch, I can usually get about 5Mbps download speeds as reported by Ookla Speedtest.   By 10:30-11AM, it will drop to less than 1Mbps.  I've even seen 0.1Mbps.  Sometimes it recovers up to 5Mbps by 3PM, sometimes not.  During lunch, there are times I can't get websites to work, and just forget about youtube.

3 of the 4 people on my lunch eating crew are on VZW, and they're having the same issues.  The one guy on AT&T routinely gets north of 15Mbps, even during lunch.

Sounds like whatever circuits we're on in the area are oversubscribed.  Rebooted my phone?  I was doing it almost everyday.  I even did a hard factory reset a couple of weeks ago just in case something was messing with my performance.  It has been this way for probably 2+ years, I just never knew how/where to report, so here I am.

Phone is a Galaxy S3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to report poor 4GLTE service in 75039
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I suggest a call 8009220204 .they can open a ticket or whatever to investigate . Have some time hold times long

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi phelper!

I apologize for the inconvenience and your patience is greatly appreciated! Let's look into this, I will be sending you a Private Message within the next 2-3 minutes.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
phelper

Replied to the email twice, got no response.  Was my reply received?  Is there any update on why data service is so slow in 75039?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phelper, Sorry for the delay.  I know the importance of improving service in your area. I've sent a private message for you with further details. 

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
phelper

Replied to your email two weeks ago, still no response.

I am seeing a pattern of a public response indicating a private message will be sent, and then no response when I reply to the private message.

Your response was for a good time to contact me via phone.   I gave you my phone number, which was my VZW number.  Can you not reach me there?   Sorry, I truly don't mean to sound rude, but I'm reaching out to you online, can we not resolve this online?  I don't see the point of web based support if all support paths lead to a phone call.

Again, the problem is sub 1.0Mbps 4gLTE service in zipcode 75039.  2 of my lunchmates and I (1 on 3g iphone, 1 on 4g iphone,myself on 4g Galaxy S3) have unacceptable service levels. Can you not email me requesting information that allows you to identify me and then do appropriate diagnostics?  Then again, no one seems to respond when I reply to the private email.

Perhaps I'm the one who is mistaken - perhaps this forum is not meant to be an alternate to any of the other traditional support systems.  If I need to call, I can, I just chose to go via a web based support solution.  Perhaps I'm in the wrong place.  My apologies.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I suggest a call 8009220204 .they can open a ticket or whatever to investigate . Have some time hold times long

0 Likes
phelper

probably the best advice yet... thank you.

0 Likes