How to report no 4GLTE signal strength at 75024?
Icetub

I am at the corner of Tennyson and the North Dallas Tollway and I rarely get a 4g LTE signal and when I do it is only one bar.  As soon as I try to connect to anything, even phone calls, it bounces to 3g.  I can go several blocks away from this intersection and it is still the same.  I need a signal to work or I do not make any money....please fix this.@@

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to report no 4GLTE signal strength at 75024?
Icetub

I am also not the only person with this problem and it is not limited to either my phone or my jetpack...everything and everyone I know with Verizon has this problem.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I just have to comment on how funny this post sounds, not your problem. You're standing on a corner and without 4G and a working phone you can't make any money.

Back to the problem, your...phone or Jetpack are having issues? Or both? Every person on the corner and down the block using Verizon is only getting 3G?

If that's the case then it's probably an interference or tower problem. If it was limited to your devices I'd say there was hope in fixing it, but sounds like it's just in the signal. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Oh, I also forgot to mention, I only get 1-2 bars of 4G and have no problem with my service. So are you sure it's not your devices? I did learn today that unless you're using an iPhone 6 that your service actually drops down to 2G (I think?) to make said phone call; fascinating stuff.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To clarify:  Voice is still carried over 3G CDMA unless one is calling with Advanced Calling enabled which uses LTE.  So, when a call is made with AC disabled or on a phone without AC capability, the phone goes to a CDMA mode for the call.  The indicator on the phone, at least most Androids, will continue to say LTE if in LTE coverage.  If you have LTE coverage, you almost certainly have 3G coverage.  An app like LTE Discovery will show you your CDMA, 1X and LTE signal strengths and you will see by those graphs that the indicator in the notification bar relates to LTE signal, not CDMA signal.

Weth
Legend

To further clarify: Voice goes over 1x aka 2G.  No voice goes over 3G. If you have advanced calling capable phone and in LTE area, then voice goes over LTE. 

Snn5
Legend

Quite true. 

0 Likes
Icetub

It's a tough world and a man has to make his money...yeah my corner comment can definitely be taken differently.  The building I work in is at that corner.  If I drive or walk to that corner I have issues with the service.

0 Likes
Icetub

I am more concerned with the data aspect and it is the same with my phone (iPhone 5s) and my jetpack.  As soon as I try to do anything internet related it drops to 3G or sometimes worse, 1x.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Has it always been that way or is this a new problem? Is there any construction going on?

0 Likes