Re: Horribly slow data speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wetherb67, it's important to us that you have reliable service. We will need to troubleshoot this problem in order to determine if this is a network issue or device issue. At this time, no outages have been reported in Valdosta, which encourages us to take a closer look at your phones. When did this issue start? Is Wi-Fi enabled on your phones when you have this problem? Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to it? 

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I forgot to mention, another possible, but less probable reason for the differences in speed between the routers could be a difference in firmware revision between the two devices...

Any updates to your situation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IZ0LI413, we want to make sure that you have nothing but stellar service with your jetpack. If all of your other Verizon Wireless devices are not having issues at your home address, it would seem like a device related issue. How long have you had this jetpack that is giving you troubles? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the jetpack? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think the OP is having problems with all of their devices, hence really a tower or network issue...

stef7
Master - Level 2

Excuse me, I was responding to the wrong thread.

0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe 3 months. There has been no liquid or or physical damage to the device. It has not been exposed to excessive heat.

When i talked to t2 tech they said that the sim card on their end had no information for it, I was hoping the networking team they escalated the ticket to might expand on that, but i just got a made up generic email.

wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

wetherb67, it's important to us that you have reliable service. We will need to troubleshoot this problem in order to determine if this is a network issue or device issue. At this time, no outages have been reported in Valdosta, which encourages us to take a closer look at your phones. When did this issue start? Is Wi-Fi enabled on your phones when you have this problem? Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to it?

LasinaH_VZW

None of this applies to my issues.  As stated before it occurs only when I am using 4g service, not WIFI.  There is nothing wrong with any device I am using that would cause poor speeds only in one area.

Also i would appreciate any other posters starting another thread if you are having problems with your equipment or your area.  I'm trying to keep this thread only on this specific problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Izoli413, I appreciate the additional information provided. I have sent you a private message to further assist and get to the bottom of your device concerns.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

At this point I have just resigned that it will never be fixed and this is a dead zone.  Unfortuate that nothing will be done about it.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I know this isn't a solution: have you looked at a program / setting for your device that forces it onto 3G?

0 Likes