Home lte high latency problem
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figured ask here to see if anyone can figure this out, support wasnt much help besides sending another gateway.  Anyway I got excellent verizon signal where I'm at.  My phone in 4g I get full bars and latency tests at 20ms.  This gateway when I got the latency is 100-150ms.  Multiple calls to verizon they couldn't figure it out why so high cause they can see how close the towers are to me.  So they sent a new unit.  While new unit was in shipping the one I had already all of a sudden matched the latency my phone gets 20-40ms for last 3 days it was perfect.  Well today new gateway came in mail today and was trying to decide to use it.  Well went ahead and switched to new one but did a latency test on old one again right before the switch and latency was fine 30s.  Did the switch to new gateway and latency back up to 100-150ms so we switched back to old one and same thing latency went back to 100-150. Now am stuck again with high latency.   Talked to tier 2 tech and he really had no answer why its so high when it was just hitting 20-30ms.  Speed test app i use i notice when high latency it doesn't want to use same testing server that my phone does it directs it to totally different one. But when the gateway was hitting low latency it was wanting to take the same path as my phone.    I check latency within the gateway also and couple other speed test apps.  I dont quite understand how it all works but know its capable of being alot lower than what it is now.  My phone is always 20ms and so was the gateway for 3 days up till we changed it out.

0 Likes
Re: Home lte high latency problem
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screenshot_20211216-215407_Speedtest.jpg

 ping with gateway

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ping with lte phone 

Screenshot_20211216-220123_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pings the same using software inside gateway also and pretty much anything else I use to do a speed test

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Saying my ip location is in New York which quite a bit aways.  My phone lte phone ip coming up about 80% closer.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, where do you see that it is stating your ip is in New York? Just to make sure this isn't the issue. When running a Speed Test, it is just testing different location servers, it is not necessarily stating that is your own IP location. If this is different that what you are saying, please let me know, I want to make sure we are on the same page. *Gert

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

20211223_225453.jpg

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

20211223_225453.jpg

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

20211223_225528.jpg

0 Likes
ssteal
Enthusiast - Level 2

20211223_225602.jpg

 my phone ip always shows not to far away as location.   Like I said old gateway once hit 30ms everytime and that was after factory resetting 3 or 4 times cause was another issue, but after reset it gives a new ip and I think it had given me one in a better geolocation at that time. But since I got new gateway since u guys thought it was defective its never been back to under 100.

0 Likes