HORRENDOUS signal strength at home
tattgirl72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is my Verizon strength at 1 bar (when I’m lucky, it is not consistent) when I’m at home & my WiFi is full strength. How do I fix it! It takes forever to load, messages don’t come through right away, I don’t get emails until I move around & find a spot with 1.5 bars or leave my house & drive away. What is the problem it’s getting irritating just started about 1-2 months ago, and NOTHING has changed in our house or area.

0 Likes
Re: HORRENDOUS signal strength at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the service issues that you are experiencing at home, tattgirl72. We are committed to improve your Verizon Wireless service experience.

I understand that you are connected to your WiFi network and you experience issues with messages not coming through right away, emails don't come in until you move around to increase the signal bars. You also indicate that service is better outside your home. No worries, we will get to the bottom of this issue and find a way to improve your service.

You mention that this issue started about 2 months ago and nothing has changed in the area or in your house. First, we need to check your specific area for any potential network issues. Please provide your ZIP code and the nearest intersection to your house and we'll be able to check the area.

You indicate that you have full bars for your WiFi network. Depending on your phone model, your phone may have a WiFI Calling feature (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/) that is specifically designed to improve indoor service. What is your phone model? I will check if it has this feature and we'll share a link with instructions to turn that feature on to see if that improves your experience at home.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
tattgirl72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zip code is 14102, small rural town intersection not being provided for privacy reasons. Verizon strength continues to terrible! I am not interested in using WiFi calling feature, I'm not trying to make calls, I am trying to use Safari, Facebook, photos, AppStore, etc & they just time out or won't connect, Verizon strength continues to teeter between zero to 1 bar (and the 1 bar is if I get lucky for about 1-5 minutes.

See attached screenshot showing the cruddy Verizon strength & awesome full strength WiFi, was at Apple Store last week all diagnostics on phone in perfect working order, no outages in our area, so you tell me why I pay a dirt ton of money per month to Verizon for 0-1 bar (again if I'm lucky) of strength? I can't figure it out & it seems nobody else can either!!' It's INFURIATING!' Notice Verizon strength -1 bar & it's 3 a.m. not like a lot of internet traffic is happening here in rural farm country at this time!Notice Verizon strength -1 bar & it's 3 a.m. not like a lot of internet traffic is happening here in rural farm country at this time!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tattgirl72, we always want you to have the connection you need. Do you only have issues in this particular ZIP Code? What plan are you on?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes