Go Unlimited - some areas won't work unless I go in and out of "airplane mode"
josephw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone:  iPhone 11 (regular)
Plan:  Loyalty Go Unlimited

I am having an issue where I find that my wireless data consistently doesn't work at all in certain areas, regardless of the time of day, and with all the bars of LTE showing, unless I put the phone in and out of airplane mode.  I would think this isn't throttling, since after the airplane mode toggle, the data flows again at high speeds.

I have went to a local Verizon store and swapped the SIM since there was an indication that this might have been the issue.  Same thing.  I also swapped the handset, and the behavior remains.

What else could be tried?  Is there a problem with how my account is set up?  Is this an issue with this plan?  Thanks for any insight.

0 Likes
Re: Go Unlimited - some areas won't work unless I go in and out of "airplane mode"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

josephw, your efforts are appreciated, and we want to ensure that we are here to determine the cause of your service issue. You deserve fantastic coverage at all times. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating signal, and we want to fix this. In order to better assist you, can you please provide the nearest intersection and zip code for the last location this issue occurred? Are others experiencing this issue as well?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Go Unlimited - some areas won't work unless I go in and out of "airplane mode"
josephw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not believe others are experiencing the issue.

I can reliably repeat this issue at any time of the day or night, particularly near Laketon Ave and Highway US-31, Muskegon, MI  49442.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us josephw. Have you tried restarting your phone? We are standing by. RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Obsidian2222
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you really just reply with "did you try restarting your phone?" Stick a fork in my eye please. Nope he just went to the store, swapped sim cards, devices etc and he, nor anyone else, thought to try restarting it (because we're all still currently using type writers and 🧮)

josephw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried literally everything, restarting the phone and as I also said, the phone was swapped, SIM swapped, the issue remains.  Is there something with how my account is configured?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Obsidian222, we never want to skip a step when it comes to determining the root cause of your issue. I am glad you were able to get help in the store. It seems like your device is disconnecting to the network and need to be reconnected. Do you know if others are having the same issue, or is this just happening on your device?  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
josephw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you are confused - it is me with the issue. And as far as I can tell, it is just with my device despite the swaps. I suspect either severe deprioritization (although not sure why it works again out of airplane mode unless that's just how it works) or my account is configured incorrectly somewhere. If it is depri, I'd like to know if a different plan would help, but I got the existing plan under a loyalty arrangement and would like to maintain that discount as that is basically what I can afford.

Thanks.

josephw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Five days and no replies. I am thinking that this is a fancy way of saying 'we don't know' or 'the customer must be crazy and fabricating the story'. I am still facing the issue, although if I force the phone into the much slower 3G mode, there are no problems, just slower Internet. I am considering moving my business elsewhere unless this can be resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joseph, the last thing we want is for you to consider another carrier and we want you to have the best data speeds available in your area. Based on the information you've provided us, the issue seems to be the plan. The Go Unlimited data plan can be subject to Network Management which places your data requests at the end of the line and can cause your data to seem slow. I suggest looking into upgrading your data plan to one of our new Mix and Match 2.0 plans. A plan such as the Play More Unlimited plan offers 25 GB of premium data that makes sure you're placed in front of the line when using your data during times of congestion. You can learn more about our unlimited plans and sign up for them by visiting the following link: http://spr.ly/66051w0KT

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes