Full signal, poor service, despite $200 monthly bill.
OddManOut

My new Verizon account was great for the first few weeks, but now in month 3, though my phone maintains that I have 4 or 5 bars of LTE signal, my expensive service is useless because of how slow/non-existent the connection is. I recently chose to spring for a Verizon plan and new phones for my wife and I so she could send me nice photos of our newborn son while I am at work. Despite paying over $200/month, after the first few weeks of amazing service, now I am constantly letdown and downright depressed by how poor the service is and how my phone will not load almost anything at all, in the same location that it performed so amazingly just weeks ago. Unless I'm on WiFi, I might as well forget I have a phone. I don't mind paying for quality, but the price vs. what I'm getting is a real disappointment. I work long hours far from home and I just want to see my kid while I'm away and send my wife pictures of what I'm doing at work.

0 Likes
Re: Full signal, poor service, despite $200 monthly bill.
boringusername
Master - Level 1

What plan do you have that is $200? Phone payments and insurance don't count. Verizo could be doing work in your area. Work by the way to IMPROVE things. Or it could simply be congestion. You don't mention this location or your plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, OddManOut, and thank you for taking the time to reach us. Though we never want to hear that it's for this reason, we'd be more than happy to assist you. To start, let's get more details on your current situation. How long has this been happening for? Also, have you attempted any troubleshooting on your phone since this has started happening? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the best you'll get from the network is 5-12mbps download speeds & as you're finding, can be much slower.

location from towers, maintenance, living in fringe area, building construction where you work, all play a part in how well the phone works.

where one phone may work well, doesn't mean all phones will work well.

0 Likes
Dano3141
Enthusiast - Level 3

Odd -

I've got the same issue with my phone.  You should install an app like Network Cell Info.  It will tell you the strength of your 4G signal along with the noise ratio.  There are thresholds of signal strength required for good data throughput.  Below -110 dbM and -10 RSRQ you are not going to get fast downloads.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Dano3141 wrote:

Odd -

I've got the same issue with my phone.  You should install an app like Network Cell Info.  It will tell you the strength of your 4G signal along with the noise ratio.  There are thresholds of signal strength required for good data throughput.  Below -110 dbM and -10 RSRQ you are not going to get fast downloads.

And just to add at about -120 you basically have no signal

njbackpacker

I have the same problem. So disappointed. Can't even use the jetpack, iphone and S10 because it is so slow.  Its driving me a little nutz that I pay so much montly and my jetpack wont connect to the internet with 2 bars. I have premium unlimited plan on my hotspot.  

Includes:Premium Unlimited 4G LTE Data (15GB)

Unlimited Talk & TextHD-Quality Streaming (720p)

Unlimited Mobile Hotspot(15GB At 4G LTE)  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@OddManOut wrote:

My new Verizon account was great for the first few weeks, but now in month 3, though my phone maintains that I have 4 or 5 bars of LTE signal, my expensive service is useless because of how slow/non-existent the connection is. I recently chose to spring for a Verizon plan and new phones for my wife and I so she could send me nice photos of our newborn son while I am at work. Despite paying over $200/month, after the first few weeks of amazing service, now I am constantly letdown and downright depressed by how poor the service is and how my phone will not load almost anything at all, in the same location that it performed so amazingly just weeks ago. Unless I'm on WiFi, I might as well forget I have a phone. I don't mind paying for quality, but the price vs. what I'm getting is a real disappointment. I work long hours far from home and I just want to see my kid while I'm away and send my wife pictures of what I'm doing at work.

It sounds like your being reprioritized.  Are you on a plan that reprioritizes all the time?

0 Likes
tjchancey

I have the same problem. I reported it to Verizon, they said they would look into it and get back with me. A couple days later I got a text message that said they were still working on this issue. A couple more days went by and I got another text saying the same thing. The day after that they sent me a text telling me there was nothing they could do that I was in a low coverage area and that I needed to go BUY something for my phone to make the signal strength better. First of all, I used to have the best signal here. It was as if there were a tower sitting in my front yard, but now I have 1x. I pay over 200.00 a month and have been a customer since they picked up Alltel. I don't think it's right that I have to pay more money to be able to get a better signal when I used to have one sitting right here. Not only that but it's not a guarantee that this signal booster will work. They used to be a good company but now they don't care if you leave or not. I guess they have enough customers so one or two leaving is no big deal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate your loyalty and we want to see you enjoy the network where you need it to help you stay. Are you having these concerns in multiple areas? Are these concerns happening both indoors and outdoors? Do you also have high-speed internet in your residence with a Wi-Fi router? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes