Re: Edge Plan, Device Payment Plan...How to keep Grandfathered Unlimited Data?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

It's exactly like leasing a car.

0 Likes
courtneyls22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Buy the device. I did because I didn't wanna lose my 700 mins/Unlimited Texting & Unlimited Data plan. For some reason, some in the company don't want you to do this because they want you to jump on their current plans, they swayed my Mom out of the unlimited plan she was on but I refused. My Mom not only of course uses more data than the plan offers but consistently has to pay overage fees every month, so she pays more NOW than she did previously with the 700 mins/Unlimited Texting & Data Plan. It's not worth it to give in... Although I bought my phone outright, I don't regret it because I now own my phone, still have my plan that I didn't wanna give up & if I decide to do so I can take my device with me to another carrier/company.

TAWPOWER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe I will need support when I talk to the store manager to get a HTC ONE Max on the device payment plan.  I was told the plan was only for tablets and not smart phones.  How is it that no stores managers and the girl I talked to on the phone with Verizon support have no idea what the Device Payment plan is?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm confident the store will be able to help you find the best option available to your account, TAWPOWER. The Device Payment Plan  http://vz.to/ZILXBT details are no secret. The store will be able to review your account and see if it qualifies for this fantastic program.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ShadowAgent
Enthusiast - Level 2

I plan on bringing a print out of each plan and have this discussion ready on my phone when I go in to finally get a new phone (still deciding).  If they tell me they don't know about this plan then speak to a manager.

0 Likes
Eliexpression

My upgrade is coming soon and I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan. What should I do?

As far as I know the edge plan doesn't mention anything about changing your plan at all, it only states to sign a 24 month payment contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to keep your current plan Eliexpression! You can keep your plan unchanged if you upgrade at full retail price, even if you use our Device Payment Program http://vz.to/ZILXBT or you can get your next phone from a third party and activate on your account and keep your current plan also. Upgrading via Edge program will require to change to a current calling plan http://bit.ly/T8w8iM

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

With Edge, you cannot keep your unlimited data.

marcodif
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have good credit, grab a new CC that has 0% interest on purchases and/or balance transfers for 24 months.  Yep, even in this economy they are available.  Do a Google search.  Fortunately my company offers a electronics purchase program that deducts from my paycheck every 2 weeks, no interest.  But $750 for my Note 2 was steep, payment plan or not.  My gripe is that they don't allow more "open" phones that are high end on performance but reasonable on cost, like the Nexus 5 and the One+ One.  I can stomach $350 every 2 years for a new phone.

0 Likes