Re: Deteriorating Signal in KCMO last two weeks
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately all that accomplished is forcing me to reset my Gear S3 *again* to get it synced up with the Gear app. Network signal is still just as poor in this building.

0 Likes
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I walk in to the office today and the issue appears to have mysteriously corrected itself for the time being. I'm now getting the typical 2-3 bars of 4G LTE in the building similar to what I was seeing before the issue arose.

Going to wait to mark this thread solved until the end of the week to see if the improvement persists.

0 Likes
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is still intermittently persisting inside the office. I'm mostly sitting at a 1X connection right now; never 3G and rarely 4G. I'm puzzled as to why I never get even 3G service anymore here; it was always the fallback if I dropped 4G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheCheat54,

I'm certainly sorry to hear this issue is continuing. You deserve world class service you can count on. I'd love the chance to turn it around. I know you previously mentioned that outside still worked fine. How far do you get from the building before it improves? Do you know of anything which may have changed in the area or with the building recently?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem vanishes in areas outside the building, though it can take a bit before that connection establishes. Inside the building is intermittent depending on what floor I'm on, though I'm primarily situated on the same floor all day.

The 1X is now bad enough that I'm sometimes not getting confirmation that SMS has sent even though the intended recipient confirms they got the message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheCheat54,

I truly appreciate all the details you have provided and the steps you have taken to try and resolve this data concern. With regard to your device going from 4G to 1X (not 3G) your device will revert to whatever signal strength it is able to gain. The reason the device would go from 4G to 1X is that the signal strength you receive in the office only correlates to the 1X and does not have the opportunity to go to 3G becuase the signal may be so low.

To clarify a little further, I see you stated nothing has changed on the device recently, however has then been any changes in the area around the building since the issues with service started? (i.e. construction, extreme weather conditions, etc..) Also, what is the signal strength showing on your device when in your office building? Settings>Mobile Networks>Signal strength

LindseyT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

The most major change I made was upgrading from the S7 Edge to the S8. The only major construction project nearby was already at its maximum height and covering prior to me making that switch. I'm actually slightly worried it's the S8 itself (since it also has a Bluetooth defect that Samsung still hasn't managed to fix).

0 Likes
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've discovered that the Bluetooth defect I mentioned above is apparently a hardware issue for S8 devices manufactured earlier in 2017. Devices manufactured in November 2017 seem to have corrected the issue according to a few reports in the thread on Samsung's forums here: Solved: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection - Page 83 - Samsung Community - 91240 (disregard the "solved" from the thread title since the solution post was incorrectly marked)

It makes me wonder if the hardware defect extended to the cellular antennas as well. The BT issue alone has been bad enough at the gym to make me want a replacement (range is about half of the S7 Edge and stuttering is rampant). Perhaps pursuing that and seeing how LTE service is at work after might be an idea.

I'm not solid on it yet but it's on my mind.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheCheat54, I know how important it is to have only the best in service and I know you had a different experience with your previous phone, the Galaxy S7. In review of this thread, the issue mainly exists when indoors. We can ever guarantee service indoors as there are factors outside of your control that could hinder the signal. Factors including but not limited to terrain, foliage, constructions and even the materials of the building could prohibit the signal's ability to penetrate it. I understand your previous phone worked better but this is a different device therefore the antenna and the device's ability to gain the signal may be different. Regarding the antenna, do you currently have a case on the device? If so, what do you experience with the signal when the case is off?

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
TheBryceIsRight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue on my phone. I had perfect service on my iPhone 7 Plus and then I upgraded to an iPhone 8 Plus.  Shortly after I got a carrier update and now I can’t use my phone. They keep telling me that I shouldnt use cellular indoors. That cellular is meant for outdoors.  I’ve been running around and around on this for months with them. Since october. They refuse to admit that they have done something to mitigate my service. My theory is that they cant handle the unlimited plans.  They never planned on offering them in the first place. And then they got caught with their pants down by all the competition and now they are trying I blame anything but their network to be the issue.  They might be switching to different frequencies too in an attempt to stabilize the service and or prepare for 5G.  I thought it might be my hardware too. They sent me another device. Side by side same performance. And the day after you complain your service gets better. Then you forget how angry you were and then your service goes back to useless.