Des Moines 4G LTE Slow?
LukeL7

Is anyone else having issues with Verizon 4G LTE Speeds in downtown Des Moines during the work day?  My LG G3 is set to Network mode: Global, currently getting 4G signal of -95dBm and 1X of -71dBm.  When I run a speed test with ookla app, I get 0.09 mbps down and the up test won't even complete within a reasonable amount of time (a couple minutes).  I work around the intersection of 12th and Locust on the 5th floor of a building.  This test is running indoors.  I rarely see any improvements in the speed throughout the work day.  Any ideas on if this is just due to so many people downtown on Verizon?  I thought XLTE was supposed to solve this problem. My phone is usually showing 2-4 bars of 4G LTE, but the actual speeds are extremely poor. Loading up webpages doesn't even work much of the time.  Other applications like facebook and twitter don't seem to be able to pull updated feeds.  Any chance of getting Verizon to look into these issues in downtown Des Moines?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Des Moines 4G LTE Slow?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try the LTE/CDMA setting to see if it helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

LukeL7

So I changed the Network mode to LTE/CDMA and restarted the device.  Latest speed test yielded 0.04 Mbps down.  So that is actually slower than when it was on Global. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
triumphrider
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem  in Alabama. Checked on 4 different phones.

0 Likes
Dojo2929

Same here all day long.  Three devices tested.  Two cell towers.

Called Verizon.  " We don't know of any problems" is what they say.

still going on right now.  I'm getting .2 Mbps downstream right now in Birmingham, AL

0 Likes
LukeL7

I ran a speed test last night from my home, in zip code 50023, Ankeny, IA, just 10 miles or so north of downtown Des Moines. At 4:41 PM, I was able to get 18.54 Mbps down and 2.93 up.  Now again ran the test this morning in 50309, downtown Des Moines, at 7:38 AM and got 2.58 Mbps down and 0.59 up.  I have a feeling this will be worse from 9-5 AM, the normal peak work hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LukeL7,

We want you to have the best service possible. Thank you for running the speed tests. What exact zipcode are you having the service issues in? Do you also experience slow data speeds while outside? Do you have any issues with voice or text? Have you always had service issues around this area?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dojo2929,

Hearing about these slow speeds is really worrying us and we want to help get to the bottom of this ASAP. With different people and different devices experiencing the same issue it is definitely sounding like a network issue. What zip code are you in so we can double check for any reported issues going on?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Several users from SE AL, and NW to NE FL in the panhandle in a triangle of Montgomery, AL to Pensacola, FL to Tallahassee, FL are having super slow issues as of the past month.

0 Likes
LukeL7

The zipcode for my location is 50391.  I have not run a speed test outside recently. I haven't gone outside as I park in a parking ramp and walk directly indoors to my place of work. I have not had issues with voice or text.  I think service in this area has always seemed a little slow, but it seems to have gotten significantly worse as of recent.

0 Likes