Decreasing quality of data service
emersunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the last couple of months, the data service in my area went from good to bad. I used to be able to stream TV shows on my iPad (LTE) but now I am barely able to send a text message. This has affected all of our phones (family of 5 plus 1 iPad). 

Data is important as there are no internet service providers in the area!

We are at Mormon Lake, AZ, 86038

0 Likes
Re: Decreasing quality of data service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As valued customers, your family's service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you and your family have been experiencing problems with your data service, and texting for the past couple of months while in Mormon Lake, AZ 86038. We apologize for your inconvenience, and we're here to help you resolve this matter in any way we can, so let's get started. While our team is checking our network signal coverage in and around your area, are you experiencing issues with data (e.g., streaming video from your mobile devices, etc.) and text messaging while indoors, outdoors, or both? Are your other services affected? (e.g., calls, web browsing, etc.) Have there been any recent changes with your devices? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.)- RobertC_VZW

emersunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

are you experiencing issues with data (e.g., streaming video from your mobile devices, etc.) and text messaging while indoors, outdoors, or both?  Both

Are your other services affected? (e.g., calls, web browsing, etc.) Web-yes, calls-no

Have there been any recent changes with your devices?
No recent changes

Thank you for your time and attention on this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is helpful information. Let's continue to gather details. There are not any network alerts in the area mentioned. How far do you have to travel away from the home before service improves? Also, please visit www.speedtest.net and share your download and upload speeds. Which Price Plan do you have?

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
emersunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am out of town but I will check this weekend. I assume the nearest tower is atop Mormon Mountain? I will head that way.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
SARKLA25

We are also experiencing the same issues. We only have good internet for about 10 days and then at night from 5-10 pM you can't do anything. It's ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you were having an issue with data Sarkla25. Let's look into this together.Are you having issues with calls or texts during those times? What plan are you on? What zip code are you in?

JoeL_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Emersunn, 

Thanks for the update and we always here to help. Keep us posted with the results. We want to make sure that you issue is resolved. 

Thanks,

Pamela_VZW

0 Likes
emersunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tested it and well, it varies.

Sometimes, while in the house, I am getting 20-30Mbps Down/1-3Mbps up, which is fine. But most of the day I cannot load the Speedtest web page or app because I get no data at all. If I go outside I can get data, but not in the house. It's very inconsistent.

Oddly enough, whether I am in or out, I get two bars "Verizon LTE" - but that does not reflect if and when I am getting data.

The data drop out seems to happen during the waking part of the day, I can always connect early in the morning or late at night. But that is not always the case.

Sorry I could not provide more constructive information. I am fine going outside when I need to now, but come winter it will be an issue!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us emersunn. Any other Verizon devices having similar issues? Do you have Wi-Fi in your residence? Is it high speed?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes