Data speeds have slowed significantly over the last month or so
scstouts

We are having the same issue with slow data speeds. When we first switched to unlimited, speeds were good with high quality streaming. Now anything we stream is very poor quality, and we can't get through a movie or show without buffering, freezing, or losing connection all together. This is across the board, whether we connect through our home wifi device or use one of our phones as a hotspot. We are in SC, 29127.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data speeds have slowed significantly over the last month or so
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scstouts, ensuring you have the speeds you need is important to us. Let's do all we can to help speed things up. Do these issues continue even at the start of a new Billing Cycle?

All Mobile Hotspot devices provide 10GBs of high speed data access. Once the 10GBs are reached, your speeds are reduced down to 600 kbps.

Click on Topic 9: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scstouts

Yes, I am aware of that, and I have watched our usage. As I stated, this has been happening no matter which device we use, well within our usage limits. Yesterday hit a new low. We are still within the 10 GB for our billing cycle (7 GB left, in fact) for our home hotspot. However, I attempted to work from home yesterday and had non-stop connectivity issues which resulted in quite a bit of work (and time!) lost. Thanks to Verizon's "reliable" internet coverage, I was up until midnight last night doing work that I should have been able to finish within the normal work day. Believe me, if we had any other options available for home internet, I would go that route in a heartbeat. However, there are none, but we've always had good Verizon coverage up until recently. I am very frustrated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sctouts, these are great details to have concerning your service experience while working and utilizing your service from home. Your zip code for the most part looks good, though there are a few spots where indoor service may be affected. I will be sending you a DM message to help review these issues much further in depth. Please message me back there. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes