Re: Data Throttling All day every day
mjrunion
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume that changing plans is not something that can be changed back and reenrolls me in additional contract years. If the “troubleshooting” fails I will not be credited back for the failure and I will be held with the extra $100 a month charges for the term of the new contract. 

GainesK
Enthusiast - Level 1

At the very least, it seems it may be worth it to at least try the BeyondUnlimited plan to see if the speeds are acceptable. If you don't like it, you could always switch back or move to another carrier.

Be careful claiming that customers can "always switch back". I called Verizon the day one of their reps convinced my retired mother to change our 6-line family plan to Go Unlimited with concerns. They also told me that there would be nothing to stop me from switching back to our old plan. Of course, now that I'm trying to switch back I'm told that our plan has been retired and we waited too long!

Now I have to deal with moving our 6-line family plan to another carrier.

dlransier83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently Switched to the "Unlimited Plan" and can't even get adequate service in my house, where I used to have 4 bars solid. I am about to look into another provider if Verizon doesn't fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, dlransier83! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you please provide us the cross streets and zip code of your location? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
greasegizzard
Enthusiast - Level 1

What would make sense would be for Verizon to improve their network to handle their customer base. I'd much rather see that than have free streaming services that I can't use because my speeds are worse than dial-up. Or see them bragging about 5G when my phone still struggles to get 4G in a lot of areas. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greasegizzard, It's our goal to ensure you have service wherever you use your devices. While we are working to continue upgrading areas with our 5G Ultra Wideband services, we consistently work to improve our 4G LTE coverage, as well. When did you first notice your speed decrease? What area are you located in? Which phone/devices do you have with us?   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
LINEME74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have this issue. Where I work the tower is always congested from 11 till 6.  Before 11 I can get a speed test of 10 to 20 after 11 it drops to less than 1. I was on the beyond 22 gig unlimited and only used 10 gigs and they were still throttling me. So I went back to the first data tier. Cause why pay 10 dollars more a month when they are going to throttle u anyway. No one seems to be able to help it's not the phone. I have tried 5 different phones from google to Samsung to iphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with your data speeds during the day, LINEME74. I know you depend on us for reliable service and it's vital that we get to the bottom of this. I understand this is confusing. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of the location where you have the issues? Do the issues occur both inside and outside? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
iphoneguy86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll chime in here. I am a former corporate Verizon Employee-left in 2014. When I worked for Verizon no one could touch the 4G LTE speeds that were delivered. I returned to Verizon on 09/20/19 as a customer switching from a AT&T with the purchase of a new iPhone 11 Pro Max and I am in awe at how terribly slow the network speeds are. I pay for the most expensive/highest tier data plan there is for 75 GB of priority high speed LTE and 30 GB Hotspot LTE and I can tell you the network crawls everywhere- indoors outdoors no matter the weather. The network has gone in a very negative direction and I've allowed the company to work with me to troubleshoot and determine what the issue could be and they have been unable to resolve-I've got open NRB and Engineering tickets no one has called me back on. I'm beyond frustrated that I'm paying top tier pricing and I'm getting speeds slower than dial up. Verizon responds typically the same way asking for cross streets and acting as if the issue is surprising. The issue is this:

Your over-managing your network and throttling almost all customers and slowing down everyone; or your data speeds are trash now because your choking the network and not buying new spectrum. That's why I almost throw up when I see commercials about 5G. 5G!???? Fix your 4G LTE before you go around touting anything about 5G. Simply stated your network quality has gone to garbage and you're going to lose a lot of customers if you don't do something about it. Everyone's sick and tired of the fake apologies and excuses about network congestion-you don't expect customers to congest their bill payments you expect the money we expect the service quality you charge for and advertise for. There's no way I was getting 80 mbps on download on a MobileShare Plan and suddenly I come back and in similar areas travelled my speeds crawl at 0.12 mbps down and YouTube videos buffer like crazy for 360p quality. I left AT&T because their customer service was awful but their data was great-I could load 1080p movies on 1 bar of LTE with them. On Verizon forget about it. 

The experience I'm getting with Verizon is awful. Fix it please. 

Richard40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any kind of reporting that people can access that indicates how much data is de-prioritized or throttled due to network traffic?  I'm sure Verizon has that internally so they can plan their network.  I think that would be very nice if prospective customers could see how likely or unlikely it is that they will be impacted by this.