Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Data Tethering for "Unlimited" Customers
SceneJenkins

Hello, I have been a user of Verizon Wireless services for as long as I can remember now, but after a lot of research and reading, I have seriously been debating a switch of providers, and this could possibly be the icing on the cake. I subscribed for 'Unlimited Data' back when I was in high school, and I was as happy as I could be, but since then, I have evolved in my life, and require new phones pretty frequently, more than 2 gb of data per month, and now I need to be able to tether data. Being an "unlimited" data customer, you would imagine I can tether all the data I wish to my devices, because, well, you know, I have "unlimited" data. No. Now Verizon has decided to charge you 30 dollars per month subscription, on top of what I already pay for my "unlimited" data, so that they can "offer a service" that is not a service on their end at all, its something my phone does and they have absolutely no power over, yet they choose to charge me half my bill, so I can use my "unlimited" data on devices like my tablet, or laptop when I need to. Does anybody know any ways to work around this, or if any other services charge this ridiculous fee? I am an extremely tech savvy person, and am willing to flash my phone and use separate ROMS and configurations if necessary. Let me know. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Tethering for "Unlimited" Customers
Not applicable

Verizon always charged a separate fee for tethering/hotspot on unlimited plans.

However I have had Verizon for a gazillion years and the price was $20 so i save $10. However anyone trying to get it now will pay $30 for that 2 GB. That is just the way it is.

T-Mobile has unlimited everything plans for $80 with 2.5 GB of free tethering per month.

http://www.t-mobile.com

Good Luck