Re: Coverage
dlafuria

Laura, thanks for the note.  It really doesn't help.  I've done a lot of the work for you, identifying pretty much exactly where the problem is.  Instead of my submitting a request to Verizon for locating a tower in the neighborhood, on property i don't own, what should happen is Verizon looking at its maps and my request, and coming here to figure it out.  In my communications over the past weeks, Verizon has acknowledged that service in this area is poor.  It is a public safety issue for those who live here and the many people who visit the park throughout the year.  As a Verizon Wireless subscriber for thirty years, I'm not keen to switch, but I have investigated.  The other carriers don't serve this area any better. 

To give you a sense of how bad it is, I took a screen shot of the signal strength readings at my home, outdoors.  They are:  RSRP1:  -121. sinr0: 2.0. sinr1: -1.0. rsrq0: -24. phy_cell_id: 284. rsrp0: -118. rsrq1: -28. timestamp 2020-08-02 14:29:21 EDT.   

Now, i'm not an RF engineer, but i work with two.  RSRP of -118 is not a usable LTE signal - that number needs to be -100 or better, ideally -80 to -90.  RSRQ of -24 is also not a usable LTE signal.  It needs to be at least -15 to -20 and ideally -10 to -15 to provide usable service.  If you want a screen shot, please advise, this threat won't let me upload my images.

If your techs drive up River Bend Road, make a right at Jeffery, and just drive the neighborhood roads back in there down toward the river, and go into River Bend Park, they are likely to match these unusable signal levels in many areas.  

My request is for Verizon to improve service in our neighborhood so that we have a usable signal.  You all know how to do it.

Thank you for listening and please help.

David

0 Likes
dlafuria

Folks, have you given up on me?  I've made a request for service.  Will you be able to provide a response any time soon?  It seems to me that poor connectivity in a residential area and a public park is a health/safety issue that is worth looking at.  If you wish, I'm available to provide you with additional RSRP and related meter readings in our neighborhood.  Thank you.  David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to provide you with the best service possible, dlafuria. I will be sending you a Private Note to best assist.

0 Likes