Coverage
dlafuria

We live next to River Bend Park in Great Falls, VA.  Just had a 45 minute call with a very nice VZW rep.  Signal strength is poor throughout our neighborhood, as confirmed by a VZW technician just now.  One bar of LTE at best, one bar of 3G, calls cannot be completed or are dropped.  Slow or no Internet.  This extends into the park as well, which is often crowded, and up the hill until you reach River Bend Road.  The whole neighborhood has poor service.  A cell extender at home is useless - we have WiFi calling.  What is needed is a network improvement - a small cell either in the park or along the road here - to improve service in the neighborhood.  With the discontinuance of 3G service coming soon, right now VoLTE is unacceptable quality, leaving us high and dry.  In a power outage, which there are many, we might have to go 1/2 mile to get enough signal to call 911.  This is a request for improved service in our neighborhood.  Most living here should be your customers - there is zero AT&T service here.  Thank you.  David 

0 Likes
Re: Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

David, I understand the cellular experience you're having. I assure you, we don't want you to ever have substandard service. If we can't improve the area, perhaps, we can make sure you have the device set to receive the best signal. How does this sound? -CarterV_VZW

0 Likes
dlafuria

Carter, of course I'll accept any help you can give me.  If an OTA update on my phone fixes the problem, great.  If it doesn't, and the signal in this whole area continues to be poor, maybe you can help me go up the chain.  David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlafuria, I know how important having reliable service is to you. I would never want you to experience anything less. Let's work together on this and do some troubleshooting. How does that sound?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
dlafuria

Yes, please.  I'll take any help you can give me.  thank you.  David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlafuria Let's take a step back. You mentioned our technician has already determined the coverage at your location is not the best. You are asking that we improve our network or possibly add a tower, is this correct? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
dlafuria

Dolores, thanks for the note. Yes, our area needs help. Little or no service in many parts of the neighborhood. Signal improves about 0.4 miles up the road. David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always looking to improve our network and service. Do you have property available for a cell tower? We do have a form you can fill out, let me know. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
dlafuria

Dolores if someone comes down here, there are above-ground poles all around which could support a small cell.  I would be happy to walk the area with someone.  And...Riverbend Park is here - they have roads and electricity and rent would perhaps be welcome.  Where there’s a will there’s a way.   Happy to help.  David 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

David, we absolutely understand wanting to receive the best available service in your area. While we're not privy to future cell site plans, I can definitely assure you that we're always looking for ways to improve and expand our network. Please keep in mind that you can submit a network real estate inquiry here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/business/real-estate-inquiries/

After you submit the form, our team of real estate, construction and radio frequency engineers will evaluate all properties for viability. Please let us know if this helps.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes