Coverage map incorrect
mdl5155

After 15 years with Sprint I changed to Verizon. Three weeks later I bought a weekend retreat in Pineville, SC 29468. The Verizon coverage map says full coverage for talk and data, no dead spaces, yet I have to walk around sometimes for a quarter mile or more searching for coverage to make a call. I feel cheated and mislead and wish I was back with Sprint. At least their coverage maps are closer to the truth.

>> Subject line shortened for brevity; personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage map incorrect
mdl5155

I do not think I should be satisfied paying $250 for a network extender when the coverage map clearly says I should have full coverage. The location is actually on level ground, outside still no service, and beside Lake Marion, SC so I also don't want to hear about the problem being indoors or terrain blocking. I Want Out or I Want To Make A Phone Call where I am supposed to be able to! $200 a month for misleading service!!!!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mdl5155,

Providing you with excellent coverage and service regardless of location is something we want to make the number one priority. It saddens me to hear that this has not been the case for you since switching to Verizon Wireless. We definitely want to look into what is causing this for you. Have we assisted you with opening a network ticket for this location? Is this going to be your primary place of use for your device? We look forward to assisting you further.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure your retreat is probably surrounded by trees. You do realize no coverage map can take into account trees or buildings or building materials.

0 Likes
mdl5155

Mr Helper, no offense but you are wrong. I went to my local Sprint store and they were very nice but unable to help.

0 Likes
mdl5155

I went to my local Verizon store yesterday and they tried to initiate a work order or at least get someone to try to help. They ended up as frustrated as me! The end result is that Verizon wants me to call them when I am at the location where I can't call them. If I walk around enough and manage to get a signal to make a call it will likely disconnect before I ever get to talk to any. My last call to Verizon Customer Service, not from that location by the way, was a 45 minute wait, got answered and transferred, and got disconnected!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm wrong? how. from Verizon coverage page

These Coverage Locator maps depict predicted and approximate wireless coverage. The coverage areas shown do not guarantee service availability, and may include locations with limited or no coverage. Even within a coverage area, there are many factors, including customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to or inside buildings, foliage, and weather that may impact service. Some of the Coverage Areas include networks run by other carriers, the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources, and we cannot ensure its accuracy.

0 Likes
mdl5155

You are wrong only in the sense that I have no obstructions in most directions, mostly open water, and no buildings or trees nearby to interfere. I actually have a deck on top of my mobile home that gives me an unobstructed view for a very long distance and still more often than not can't make or receive a call. I guess you are right when you read the misleading fine print from Verizon about the map but it is upsetting when their coverage is the primary thing they promote and advertise when in fact it is simply a gimmick to get customers like me to switch.

0 Likes