Coverage in North West Wisconsin
KC9NVV
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was in north west Wisconsin last week. The coverage is very spotty and even where the coverage map says there is coverage there is not. I was in Iron River Wi  the map sayes we should have had 4LTE coverage we had nothing my family has 4 Samsung S7's and no one had coverage. I was with a bike tour with 175 people most of them had Verizon or a service that use Verizon towers. We had a lot of unhappy people when we did not have coverage.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage in North West Wisconsin
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KC9NVV Having dependeble service is a must, especially when you are away from home. I apologize for the inconvenience and the last thing we want is unhappy customers. The best time to resolve coverage issues is when it is happening. Did you reach out to us for assistance? DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KC9NVV
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is hard to contact customer service when you do not have service. I posted here as soon as I had service. I have contacted customer service in the past about coverage and they have always said the map is a general overview. I wish there was an easy and better way to report bad coverage and ideas as to where more towers might be needed. As most of us only have cell phones we depend on them more and more each day. I understand that not every place can be covered but when it is miles and miles of area. when this area is one of the most visited places in Wisconsin I would think that Verizon would try to have better coverage int he area.

mikesuefle

As a new Verizon customer, should not have relied on the Verizon coverage map re: signing up with my Samsung S5.  For my Wautoma WI address (central WI) shows solid red 4G coverage, causing me to go forward with my subscription.  However, upon actual use, I barely get a bar under the best atmospheric conditions and mostly I get zero bars.  A better source of true coverage is found at the site VERIZON 4G | See coverage map & speedtest map - Sensorly where it actually shows that my coverage is a single bar at best.  Would be interesting to pursue a refund from Verizon for deceptive practices regarding coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikesuefle,

Your signal and services should always follow you. Help is here. What troubles are you still having? What zip code are you in?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes