Coverage has degraded around my area lately
Monzilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lately my wife, my mother-in-law, myself and several other people that I know in my area who have used Verizon for several years now have been experiencing severe degradation in their service. I've been seeing a lot of posts of similar things happening to other Verizon customers all across the United States. Is there any plans to resolve this issue quickly and what can we the customers expect to see for the loss of contact with our families loved ones businesses excetera cetera? I understand the problems occur but it is extraordinary inconvenient when we have become so reliant on having a reliable source to keep in contact with everything we need to keep in contact with every single day.

Re: Coverage has degraded around my area lately
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What is the area/zip code you are having issues with?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Monzilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

724/15022

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Monzilla, we can't have you and many other people in the area having trouble with the service. What exactly are you experiencing with the service (dropped calls, slow data, no service)? May we please have the nearest intersection where you're having trouble at? We'd like to check the are further.

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
Monzilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is Total service drop and it happens constantly in various spots. we were the other night and as soon as we approached the area on route 43 I lost all service for 5 minutes or so. if I'm not connected to my Wi-Fi at home sometimes it works great and other times I'll lose calls I'll have no data it's just so hit or miss. Honestly a few months ago is where it started. We were in Washington PA and my phone lost all service there were a bunch of people already in the Verizon store due to this issue being throughout the entire area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for this service issue as you have reported, Monzilla. Let me continue to work on this issue to see what the root of the problem. What is the exact location of where Route 43 is when you encountered this problem? What is the terrain like in that area? Were you driving at the time when having connection issues?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
beaken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mozilla you are correct there are significant issues with Verizon's network adn dont let Verizon fool you, just ask them to be honest with you.

I have been testing similar issues in 12+ cities (and areas in between), since March thru today October 7th, 2019.  Verizon pounds their chest in how good their network is yet blames hardware device vedors.  What Verizon doesnt tell you is they are killing their 3G svc by end of year.  Although this sounds good and is improving our signal, yet its jacking with the network, and its a problem in the cities I have tested including my home city of Kansas City.   Then the blame goes to (per Verizons tier 3 folks I talked to) Apple for not updating their device firmware for the changes Verizon makes to its network?  How is that Apples Fault? Its funny, when I called them on it, they wouldnt get on the phone with Apple SR Advisor to discuss. Verizon goes on to advise if its not the firmware then the hardware is bad.  Keep in mind they dont have a way to fully test it (only Apple can do a complete HW test), so they just make it up without the test IN my case, I have multple HW test results that fly in the face of their false claims.  Bottomline, as Verizon tries to turn off their 3G network and role out their fake 5G Gigabit internet, (which isnt giga resbit its about half a gigabit), its messing with the overall network stability.  Reminds me of the Sprint, all over again.  I have tested this on multiple iphones (6s Plus & Iphone 11Pro Max) with similar results.  

johnhamp
Enthusiast - Level 1
Having problems with not being able to do anything with my new iPhone 7 despite have full bars on both 4G and 3G ! This all started when I switched to unlimited. North Carolina.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's worrying to see you're experiencing issues with your iPhone 7 after switching to an unlimited plan. Please tell us, could you please provide us with more details about the issues you're experiencing? Does this happen while being indoors or outdoors? Does this happen during specific times of the day?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Jetprincess
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll answer when this issue happens to me.  Indoors and out zip codes 76234 and 75063, day and night, rain or shine.  No new apps (cause it won't load any) running the latest IOS software that was recently updated even though this issue has been occuring well before the upgrade, no data, dropped calls , texts appear hours after they are sent, phone shows 2 bars LTE but is really just an expensive paperweight at this point.

0 Likes